Using You tube links on your website
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Using You tube links on your website

Thinking of using a manufacturers demo video that is on you tube as a link on my website. We have the exact machine and its a pretty impressive video showing the capabilities. Wondering are there copywite issues to worry about? Anybody doing it and did you have to get permission?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I BELIEVE anything on youtube is open licence. Link away.
    Im sure the manufacturer would be happy to get any free marketing assistance they can.

3. Likes roysol, Wild West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Take a look at what ads get played during/before that video, and determine whether you'd like your company an products to be associated with those ads and products. That might be yes, but just wait until a competitor's shop is advertised within a link played on your site.

I would be investigating whether that same video is linkable directly from the mfg's site, or if you can serve it directly from yours. (If the YouTube version has no ads, regardless of who plays it or where it's seen, then you're probably fine on this point.)

Chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To expand a little on what Chip said, you also might want to consider what videos will be advertised after the one you like plays.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Thinking of using a manufacturers demo video that is on you tube as a link on my website. We have the exact machine and its a pretty impressive video showing the capabilities. Wondering are there copywite issues to worry about? Anybody doing it and did you have to get permission?
    Be nice to see the video in question before giving advice. I use Youtube videos on my website but I''ve made them myself. Some are better than others. Maybe you should try?

http://f-m-s.dk/nyside6.htm

My own favourite (and my latest) is Measuring External & Internal Thread Pitch Diameter - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is the video.

Lynx22 LSY 2 - YouTube

Talked with the local distributor who forwarded my question to manufacturer, haven't hear back yet.