What's new
What's new

USPS losing lots of packages.

Garwood

Diamond
Anybody else having problems? I get the system's overloaded, but I've never had so many packages disappear. Almost everyday since Dec 5th I've lost 1-2 packages shipped in flat rate boxes. Strangest thing is tracking shows about 50% were never shipped. Like they never existed. I thought I made a mistake at first, but inventory checks out.

I think I'm going to shut things down for a week and start back up after Christmas. No sense in working hard to lose money.

I don't ship that kind of volume of small flat rate. If I did I would print that scannable doc for the lot of them for the driver to scan, then at least they should be entered in the system

Yes,
I not longer use USPS for Canada or anything international. Lack of tracking, lost packages for a few weeks. Hours on the phone to file a claim.

One of the drumpf administration priorities was destroying the Post Office, or at least damaging it to the point that they could claim privatizing it was the only way forward. His choice for a PMG? Someone who wanted the same.

Now, as a parting gift, djt is trying to lock-in the PO board with his cronies, so as to protect DeJoy from being removed by Biden.

Fact check: Postmaster general Louis DeJoy invested in competitors

USPS will not replace removed mail-sorting machines - Business Insider

Controversial postal chief poised to remain in Biden administration - ABC News

I have 3 orders that have gone into limbo in past 2 weeks, they show that they passed thru distribution facility in Vegas, then nothing. A fourth order is still showing "in transit", but customer says it was delivered this AM, maybe they are not scanning them?

I just got one such package today, having been sent to my attention on... Let's see, November 30 postmark, with a hand-written note on the inside describing the samples and a date of Nov 25.

There may yet be hope for some of those "lost" items!

Not a recent thing here, the rural mail carriers don’t deliver packages at X-mas time, temp help is hired & they drive their own cars… Been this way since I’ve done the lodge newsletter some 12 years now. Bulk mail is in the back of the building with the packages.

Gets worse every year, there will be cars coming & going out of the PO from 6am till 10pm in this last week. The tracking has always been iffy & the customer is always wrong??? Best way is to ship “signature required” & pay the money if it’s crutial.

Good luck,
Matt

I do not send much USPS for that reason. But UPS has been right up there with lost, misplaced items.

Gotta love it, Expedite and order, Red Label ship with lots of insurance...just in case.
Package does not get there...customer needs.

UPS wants 7 days to do an investigation...for claim.

Sooo I'm stuck...remake the parts and Red Lable again.

IF UPS finds...I'm out the 2nd batch.

it just gets harder and harder...

OH...if it was just packages and shipments...I have same issues with material not arriving.

Fedex delivers, albeit with a 50% dropped and smashed beyond repair rate.

I've had the best luck with UPS. I just pony up for $500 insurance on everything, then they seem to make sure it shows up in one piece.

I also dont ship that much stuff. Maybe 2 dozen packages a year. Rest goes LTL or delivery truck.

Any hope for that one? I never received a package from southern Europe about that same time frame. Pretty sure they just scammed me.

Bought in Feb, tracking showed it arriving in NY in March, nothing after that. Don't know that it ever arrived, just that the flight did. I waited too long to file with Ebay because of Covid delays, but talked the seller into sending another one, got it in August. USPS at the time said that they just didn't have enough people to process incoming items, that's was why the delays. I think someone there just threw it in the trash.

Bought in Feb, tracking showed it arriving in NY in March, nothing after that. Don't know that it ever arrived, just that the flight did. I waited too long to file with Ebay because of Covid delays, but talked the seller into sending another one, got it in August. USPS at the time said that they just didn't have enough people to process incoming items, that's was why the delays. I think someone there just threw it in the trash.

Yeah mine was an ebay deal also, and passed all the deadlines. Tracking showed it delayed at the port in CA, then being returned. All the tracking was in the sellers language and the google translate doenst really give 100% clear technical translation. Seller deleted ebay acct before I could get ahold of them.

Ship a lot of stuff USPS and have never lost anything. Do have a Priority mail package that I shipped that is late being delivered. But figured w/ pandemic, xmas, and trumps efforts to fuck over the PO that delivery might not be as advertised.

You can thank the orange moron for that.

All of you share one thing in common....Your small business's.

Must be the post office computers are still set up to "lose" mail from suspected
Trump supporters, thereby failing to get your ballot in, on time.

Need to reset that line of code eh ?

Back