What's new
What's new

Vaccination bottle necks

FredC

Diamond
About 10 years ago we were given a letter stating that firefighters would be first in line for vaccines or antidotes in case of a chemical or biological attack or chemical mishap. At first that sounded preferential but when you are on an airplane they tell you to put the mask on first. if you play the hero and try to mask your child first and do not finish, both you and your child could suffer.

I got a call from a fellow volunteer fireman yesterday at 4:24PM. he told me that for the till 6:00PM and and the next 2 days fireman and there families could get the vaccine at the hospital. I loaded up my wife and was on the road by 4:35. Was setting up a machine and just left it running.
Just barely felt the shot, my wife complained just a little but she is like that. Pulling the ID tape off my arm hurt worse as it overlapped and got some hair. I can see some inefficiency in the system. Filling out and signing the form took 5 minutes. The shot about 30 seconds. Unless you bleed a lot ask them to skip the band aid, save some time and more pain pulling hair out. They gave us a timer set at 30 minutes so we waited in the lobby with the others who had been shot, Oh I mean vaccinated. Timer went off I put it in on the desk and pushed my wife out (in a wheel chair). The waiting in a safe separated environment, will cause the biggest slow down. Need some logic applied to this task.
We is machinists therefor we can not spell worth a flip but we do see problems and apply logic to them and find solutions. Paper work is easy get the form emailed to you, you and your employees fill copies out before going. Shop not big enough for health officials to come to your location, get with your neighbors if you are in an industrial complex. Work out the waiting room. Get your ducks in a row then contact your health department.

Vaccinatedrs.jpg

It is hardly legible on the copy I made of the certificate, but it is Moderna. A small rural hospital would have a time dealing with the requirements for the other vaccine. Dumb machinist does not know how to spell Phyzer. :-)
CMMC on the card is Connally Memorial Medical Center.

Would like to see shop owners thinking about getting their ducks in a row.

After I told my secretary that i got vaccinated yesterday she said "Yeah, I can take off my mask". I gave her an illustration about having 2 10 shot revolvers in a box with 1 live cartridge in one of them. Asked her if she would play Russian roulette with them and she said no. 95% effective still leaves 5%. Long road still ahead.

that issue of people not understanding that they don't get immune to this right after the 1st shot (and few days after 2nd) will be a big problem, they'll start to not use masks etc

you still get infected and depending the dose you get, you might become an asymptomatic carrier (and spreader) for a day or two even if the vaccine worked perfectly for you - the only thing it (hopefully) does for you is prevent the severe infection stage, that is all it does at this point

that issue of people not understanding that they don't get immune to this right after the 1st shot (and few days after 2nd) will be a big problem, they'll start to not use masks etc

you still get infected and depending the dose you get, you might become an asymptomatic carrier (and spreader) for a day or two even if the vaccine worked perfectly for you - the only thing it (hopefully) does for you is prevent the severe infection stage, that is all it does at this point

For my self and my wife the second shot is 4 weeks out, and you are correct if we are in the 95% protected group we are still weeks out from that. Long row still left to hoe.

Since Fedex and UPS are dividing up vaccine distribution I wonder what effect it will have on service of other packages?

Am I hearing this right?
Until several days after the second shot, you don't have immunity? And after that you still have a 5% chance of getting it IF you're exposed?
And so we are going to keep wearing masks indefinitely because there is a 0.01% chance (5% x 10% chance of exposure x 2% death rate) of dying from it AFTER THE VACCINE?!?!
Which is 1 chance in 10,000 and we're going to let it rule our lives?

My goodness, never let a crisis go to waste......:willy_nilly:

Am I hearing this right?
Until several days after the second shot, you don't have immunity? And after that you still have a 5% chance of getting it IF you're exposed?
And so we are going to keep wearing masks indefinitely because there is a 0.01% chance (5% x 10% chance of exposure x 2% death rate) of dying from it AFTER THE VACCINE?!?!

if you think this virus is going away after everyone is vaccinated, or that you become IMMUNE to it - you simply don't understand how the immune system works and how contagious diseases spread and what is the main risk with this one

I'm not fear mongering or anything of the sort, I actually think this has been blown out or proportion, and I also think that masks are mostly a waste, and may even be a risk factor, but I still wear one when I go to shop for groceries or a public place where the rules ask for it

after vaccination (or after being ill with the real thing, whichever case you had) - your body, the tissues that come into contact with it, still get infected, the virus still is reproducing, but the counter reaction of your body is a lot quicker, the spread in your body is negligible, but if you breathed it in in the morning, then sneezed at someone in the afternoon, chances are - you did infect the other person with it, might be light dose, but still - it can happen, and this is where the herd "immunity" will come in - right now, if you do sneeze while having it, statistically you infect 3 more people and so on, with herd immunity you'll maybe infect 1, so the disease cluster doesn't grow - this is the whole concept of herd immunity AND NOT that everyone suddenly really becomes immune in the vocabulary sense of the word ****

this then slows down the infection rate, the load on the health care system reduces and things suddenly go back to normal, just like Trump promised! (tongue in cheek)

and then the another clusterfuck will start - when it turns out this new synthetic protein produced by the mRNA vaccine is similar enough to something useful in enough people in the population, so that the antibody produced in their bodies starts to cause autoimmune responses from it when it attacks healthy tissues, and you then need another pill to stop that from happening so on and so forth - that is the danger with this new technology, but since even here, where there have been basically zero cases of lawsuits against medical mistreatment, I read in local news that you need to sign a paper where you accept all responsibility for taking it - so you can't sue the vaccine maker, one has to wonder - if we're trading one bad for another

**** and since the PCR test is so sensitive (including false positives) - it is possible for vaccinated person, or someone who had mild, or bad case of the real thing to get reinfected and get tested positive the 2nd time yet at the same time this person has near 0% risk of getting the severe case of it - this is what "reporters" don't explain, and the PCR test will return positive even if you had just shreds of the virus RNA left in your body - this is another thing that they don't explain or speak about, PCR test is not looking for complete mRNA sequence of the virus (meaning - a working, active virus) - it looks for a unique sequence of that RNA - a portion of it, replicates it enough times for the detection method to be able to see it, it is very much possible for a person who was ill with it still test positive for days, even though he is no longer a threat to anyone - simply because parts of the shredded virus are still floating in their bodies

so, if governments like this clusterfuck and are allowed to borrow and keep spending huge amounts of borrowed money with little to no accountability on this - this will go on for quite a bit longer, good if you own a lot of medical stock, not so great if you understand all this and just can't do a thing about it...

Solutions to the problem:
1. Doo them military style with the "Inoculation gun"....:ack2:
2. Add it to the drinking water....like some health "experts" wanted to doo years ago with some other drug/vaccine...

About ten years ago before my wife retired she did the Victoria Order of Nurses routine. They were a public service and would go into company sites and give flu shots. They even did Costco.
Two nurses, one doing paperwork could do a hundred an hour. In a day they would do around 500 shots visiting different sites.
It is all about organization for efficiency but I am sure with tracking and charging the government it could slow down quickly especially if the nurses are on government payroll.

Solutions to the problem:
1. Doo them military style with the "Inoculation gun"....:ack2:

I didn't know those things were still used. I thought they were something that quickly came and went. I got a shot of something with one in grade school in the late 60's. That was the one and only time.

I didn't know those things were still used. I thought they were something that quickly came and went. I got a shot of something with one in grade school in the late 60's. That was the one and only time.

I'm not even sure it would work for this vaccine. At least the Pfizer version needs to be kept really cold until used, and that might mean the larger amount for a gun might get too warm towards the end of the load.

Which also brings up the question of what the warmth of one's body does to it. I guess once it's in its "human environment" the muscle and blood chemistry keeps it viable.

Am I hearing this right?

My understanding is one starts gaining immunity/resistance to the C19 within a day or so of being vaccinated. Maximum immunity would be a short time after the 2nd vaccine. The few (part of the 5%) that did get C19 after the second vaccine did not get severe cases.

DalmationGirl, Hurd immunity could be come a real thing made up of ones who got it and ones that were vaccinated. One side benefit of those that choose to get the real C19 on purpose is they will be less likely to spread their "stupid" genes. I have read that diminished sex drive and possible sterility are side effects for C-19 survivors.

Back