Vaccination bottle necks - Page 13
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a couple of updates, the local paper has reported our county will not have vaccines for residents for the time being, all the doses except for first responders are being sent to the big cities. Locally they did hold back enough to complete the process for us. Our local department's offer to work the parking lots has not even been acknowledged.

Side effect for me was a spot on my shoulder that hurt a little if I pushed on it. That lasted for just a little over 24 hours.

For the conspiracy types out there that refuse to be vaccinated, here is something to think about: Covid-19 Live News and Updates - The New York Times
    If this thing is not stomped out soon by avoidance and vaccinations we will be dealing with it for a long time. People that have gotten the corona and survived probably have immunity for about 6 months. The people that have gotten it the second time got it harder probably because of the residual damage to the vascular system.

Countries like New Zealand who isolated hard went several months without seeing a single community sourced out break, with a vaccine on top of that they could do real well if the rest of the world was not trying to reinfect them.

Second dose we did have to fill out 2 forms. Besides encouraging your employees to get the vaccine, getting forms ahead of time so they can fill them out is about all you can do if your community is doing vaccinations.

2. Likes Milland, dalmatiangirl61, 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just so hope the vaccine works as it the only light in the tunnel.
    If not working or bad we are staring at 5 to 10 years of in and out shutdowns and masks and I am sick and tried of that.
    One can be against all day long but the other option right or wrong will not be fun. Reality check.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    If not working or bad we are staring at 5 to 10 years of in and out shutdowns and masks and I am sick and tried of that.
    Not exactly. If you could manage to do it correctly, like New Zealand and Australia, once, for three weeks, will do the job.

But we wouldn't want to do that because (insert weird-ass emotional gobbledygook here).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I just so hope the vaccine works as it the only light in the tunnel.
    One can be against all day long but the other option right or wrong will not be fun. Reality check.
    Bob
    I know what you mean I would like to see it over also, but you have to ask yourself what do you see around you? People saying it is the flu, people refusing to wear masks, refusing vaccines. In the far east they had some real scares with SARS and MERS. 80% death rate will get your attention. Here we got our rights and you can not tell me what to do! I see this thing being with us for years. This C19 can smolder then come back. They have tested sewage samples in Turin Italy and the thing was smoldering there in mid December waiting to bust out. It was already an out of control fire in Wuhan then, but they knew what to do from the previous experiences. During the SARS and MERS outbreaks the airline industries were really hit hard, so laws were made so that would not happen again. One event in Austria at a ski resort then led to this thing spreading all over the world because every one hopped on a plane and took it home. We got our rights! A couple of weeks ago that guy got on a plane knowing he was seriously ill with covid. I guess he did not want to be in a hospital in a strange city so he dies on the plane and the good people giving him CPR get it.

6. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is some vaccine trivia:
    The Differences Between Covid Vaccines by Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Pfizer, Astrazeneca
    I would still have taken which ever became available first.

If you trust Newsweek magazine C19 became the leading cause of death in the US during January:
    COVID-19 Becomes Leading Cause of Death in U.S. in January, Study Shows

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Weird I was expecting to be way down the list,
    Out of the blue wife got a call from UCLA med
    Our old health care provider looking for arms to take shots.
    We jumped on it. Never waste a scares commodity.

Some times you’re in the right place at the right time.
    Shows that they are doing a fair job using what they have,
    Advantages of living on the outer fringes of a large metropolitan area

Around here what we need is just more supply.

So far parent, 2 aunts all in their 80s,
    Sister who is a nurse, nephew who is a nurse, on other one who is a fireman
    And me and my wife have got at least the first dose.

So it would appear that Ventura county isn’t doing a bad job using what they are getting.
    The nephew who is a nurse is the only one who got it in LA county.
    The smaller more affluent county seems to have an easier time.