What's new
What's new

vaccine mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoke

Hot Rolled
I would guess that most people here are not being required to get the vaccine as a result of the 100 employee since most are not reaching that milestone.

It seems apparent that any shop doing Gov contracts will be required by the Primes to follow the same mandate.

Assuming the mandate does go into effect, what will the results be on the entire supply chain?

I am not opposed to the vaccine and I hope this can be a civil discussion.

This is an outlier company, in which most employees are engineers and scientists with advanced degrees. Since the vast majority of employees here are voluntarily vaccinated, I doubt there would be much effect of a mandate. If anyone did get pushed out, the majority reaction could well be, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." I expect most employees would recognize and accept that individuals could have valid reasons for not getting vaccinated, but most employees, having gotten vaccinated voluntarily and as early as practical, would expect those individuals to protect others and themselves accordingly, by, e.g., masking more than their chins.

Really this should be a simple decision: if you want to be a part of society do the responsible thing and get vaccinated. Not just for yourself but to protect everyone. If otoh, you want to live like a hermit and have no human contact, don’t get vaccinated.

With rights come responsibility. I have the right not to be infected by you; I have the responsibility not to infect you. Simple, no?

And before this thread degenerates, (hope it doesn’t, but it will….) the only valid reasons not to get vaccinated is life threatening allergic reaction (and there are alternate classes of vaccines), very rare heart inflammation as result of vaccination, and equally rare nerve difficulties.

The benefits are huge! Not just avoiding death or an ICU course, but also avoiding long covid and its terrible handicaps.

On edit, had to look up stats: Approx 1 in 460 Americans have died of covid as of today. 1 in 1500 Canadians. There’s so many things I worry about with covid, but one is how much the supply chain is already affected by so many deaths in such a short time. I’d suggest immunization is actually protecting the economy and supply chain of tomorrow.

L7

Really this should be a simple decision: if you want to be a part of society do the responsible thing and get vaccinated. Not just for yourself but to protect everyone. If otoh, you want to live like a hermit and have no human contact, don’t get vaccinated.

Not sure if you are just trolling stupid political positions just for laughs. For those that want a dose a reality; the CDC states these mRNA not-a-vaccines DO NOT PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING OR TRANSMITTING WUHAN LAB LEAK VIRUS.
and recovering from The Wuhan Flu is better longer lasting protection than these impotent killer jabs.

Place i work that simply follows each cUntry's edicts just informed us 'get the poke or you're fired' point blank.:mad5:

Place i work that simply follows each cUntry's edicts just informed us 'get the poke or you're fired' point blank.:mad5:

Will this result in workers to walking off or will most comply in your particular situation? Are they giving you any kind of minimum contract to keep you from being fired immediately?

With rights come responsibility. I have the right not to be infected by you; I have the responsibility not to infect you. Simple, no?

And before this thread degenerates, (hope it doesn’t, but it will….) the only valid reasons not to get vaccinated is life threatening allergic reaction (and there are alternate classes of vaccines), very rare heart inflammation as result of vaccination, and equally rare nerve difficulties.

The benefits are huge! Not just avoiding death or an ICU course, but also avoiding long covid and its terrible handicaps.

On edit, had to look up stats: Approx 1 in 460 Americans have died of covid as of today. 1 in 1500 Canadians. There’s so many things I worry about with covid, but one is how much the supply chain is already affected by so many deaths in such a short time. I’d suggest immunization is actually protecting the economy and supply chain of tomorrow.

L7

I should have specified this was specific to the USA.

Would you say that you have a right to not be infected by the seasonal flu? What about the right to not be offended by something I say? Personally I think your logic is flawed but I guess things are different in Canada.

recovering from The Wuhan Flu is better longer lasting protection than these impotent killer jabs.

Please show your source on this. The best studies I've seen show either equivalent protection, or possibly better from the vaccine (if antibody levels continue to show excellent correlation to protection).

Also, if you were infected and then got the vaccine, one study showed it was a massive help (infected-only were 2.3X more likely to get re-infected).

Presumeably if you refuse the vaccine, you get fired, and CAN'T collect unemployment?

If so you'll get what you deserve.

I think there will be a lot more supply shortages and I've been preparing for it in many ways, I'm also ready for more lockdowns.

Some of us figured out long ago that this doesn't end with bending over and taking 2 jabs that only last a few months and do zero to stop the spread. This is gonna be a really fun winter.

When your employer and government tells you that you'll be fired, lose your home and your family will starve if you don't take a bs vaccine for a lab virus with a 99.95% survival rate in the working population, its probably not because they care about you and your well-being. This is about obedience.

2020 was a warmup.
2021 was round 1.

Presumeably if you refuse the vaccine, you get fired, and CAN'T collect unemployment?

If so you'll get what you deserve.

Not only fired, but prevented from collecting unemployment? I guess the kids deserve to starve also for not harassing dad until he submitted to the untested DNA experiment masquerading as a vaccine.

"Beware those in whom the instinct to punish is strong. They are the foot soldiers of tyranny."

Please show your source on this. The best studies I've seen show either equivalent protection, or possibly better from the vaccine (if antibody levels continue to show excellent correlation to protection).

Also, if you were infected and then got the vaccine, one study showed it was a massive help (infected-only were 2.3X more likely to get re-infected).

The preceding commercial was brought to you by the extremely profitable vaccine industry.

Calling this a vaccine is a gross misuse of terms. A vaccine is designed to make your body produce the antibodies to be able to fight off something. If you get the SHOT and then get Covid, it is not a vaccine. The term vaccine is being thrown around and misused to mislead people and to gain support by saying you get other vaccines. How effective is the polio vaccine?

From some document a ran across

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity

Pretty sure "provide for the common defence" is what the supreme court upheld decades ago on vaccine mandates. And yes, the vaccine does not prevent it. But it greatly reduces the chances of death. Sure going without and dying is the best way to not spread it.

I've had Covid 3 times. Twice before there was a Vaccine. The third time I was fully vaccinated.

First two times really sucked. I'm 38 and healthy and kinda tough. I have super glued a thumb back on and even stuck a 1/2" bolt through my right forearm, pulled my arm off, taped it up and went back to work. I thought I was going to die. I couldn't breath, chest felt like it was going to explode. Not for a couple days, for weeks. My blood pressure went from off the charts to so low I should be dead. After the feeling like I was dying stuff past I had constant chills and fatigue for months.

The third time I got it after getting the Moderna shot. I didn't know I had it. My wife's vaccinated too and we all had to get tested to see if our kids could go to school. Turned out we did have it. It was like a mild cold, but I had suspicions it was covid because of how the cough felt. Covid cough is dry and hurts your chest. Just has a different feeling to me.

My family of 5 got sick the same time my wife's parents did. We all got it at a wedding. Everybody who was at the wedding got it. My in laws are unvaccinated, very healthy, mid-50's. My wife and I got over it in a week, our unvaccinated kids were about 2 weeks. We've been great for 2 months now. My FIL still feels like death and my MIL just got out of the ICU and is on heavy oxygen with permanent lung damage.

So in my opinion get the shot. It's just one tool to keep you healthy. It will make you feel like shit for a day or two, but it's nothing compared to getting the full wrath of Covid.

Getting Covid doesn't mean you have jack shit for immunity to it.

If you subscribe to the us VS them tribalism bullshit you are an idiot. I'm not a republican or a Democrat and don't give a fuck what you are. But I can tell you if you are not vaccinated you fooling yourself into thinking your the smart one. This shit will fuck you up. Maybe not this variant, but just you wait because one of them will get you.

If you don't want an mRNA vaccine, get the J&J vaccine, its a plain old fashioned killed virus vax.

Its been over a year since I said people were going to go crazy, believe it or not somedays I regret being right...

Calling this a vaccine is a gross misuse of terms. A vaccine is designed to make your body produce the antibodies to be able to fight off something. If you get the SHOT and then get Covid, it is not a vaccine. The term vaccine is being thrown around and misused to mislead people and to gain support by saying you get other vaccines. How effective is the polio vaccine?

We have no way of really knowing how effective the polio vaccine is because very few of us have ever been exposed to polio. I do know with certainty that some household members of school children vaccinated with the live virus DID get polio from "shedding".

I also know that as a kid I and everyone I knew had measles at some point and could safely have contact with those who had previously recovered from it.

From science, it looks like natural immunity is stronger than vaccine, see this. Vaccine targets only the top of the spike protein which is the thing that mutates on corona viruses. All vaccines today are for the initial variant of virus and none are targeting the mutations. Natural immunity creates broader immunity to corona virus that includes spike, stem etc. which is how it catches and protects against the variants.

The argument for and against vaccine mandates is not simple.

Consider that most people that are for vaccine mandates are also pro-abortion. So you are OK with someone having free will to literally kill another human being, but you are not OK with someone having free will about whether to get vaccine or not?

And this work other way around too. So you like to tell someone what they can and cannot do with their body but you don't like being told to take vaccine?

So the right thing is somewhere in the middle as it is with any other public policy since it must involve compromise or otherwise its tyranny. And tyrannies never end well.

If vaccine was what we traditionally understand vaccine should be, i.e. it prevents the disease with years long immunity like say measles, HEP vaccines etc. it would be much easier to understand the mandate push. But its not so...

This is not simple...

I got the vaccine because I like to hedge my bets, it improves my chances of staying alive. But I do certainly understand people who don't want it. Vaccine is not going to stop this virus, that train has left the station long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back