vaccine mandate - Page 10
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccine mandate

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are there other useful , proven safe and effective mrna "vaccines"?

If the flu shot is one of them, well, crap, those are worthless as teats on a boar.

2. Likes thewynner98, barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Edited:

Come on fella's, leave the personal comments out, and that is for both sides of the fence!

Consider that a warning for both y'all.
    Last edited by Ox; 10-12-2021 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Had to edit another

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    OX no doubt deleted another one of your commie racist hate filled rants.
    Quit quoting him...............I don't like seeing his drivel.................just put him on ignore. Not like he contributes in any useful way here on PM..........................................

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please, anyone who is under the mistaken idea that the news is saying that hospitals are overflowing and turning away people due to covid, just get in your car and drive to your local hospital and see for yourself what the situation is. Take pics and post here...
    There ARE more people in hospitals, they are the people who would normally be there to get things done that have been unable to get treated for the last year and a half. They are now able to get treated so they are.

6. Likes thewynner98, Ox, standardparts, CalG, Demon73 and 1 others liked this post
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    Please, anyone who is under the mistaken idea that the news is saying that hospitals are overflowing and turning away people due to covid, just get in your car and drive to your local hospital and see for yourself what the situation is. Take pics and post here...
    Absolute ghost town in bozeman mt

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

8. Likes Rob F. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let's take both those news reports as accurate.

The first one says 99.7% of people had at least one shot by September 2021. Seems high, but maybe people there were really worried at seeing rising cases??

The second news report, not quite three weeks later, said there was a lot of Covid around, the hospitals were getting overloaded, and over well half the deaths were among the unvaccinated (in both cases, among the old). Counting from back in April of 2021, they had about 320 deaths - about half of them vaccinated and half of them unvaccinated. Most of them over the age of 80 (average age 80, median 82).

Just to put that in perspective, suppose the surrounding Waterford area has 100,000 people -- then 99,700 of them were vaccinated. 160 out 99,700 people died. Most of them elderly. Odds of dying with Covid raging, and wth one or more Covid jabs, about 1 in 600.

Still supposing the Waterford area has 100,000 people 300 of them (the 0.3% of the population) were not vaccinated. 160 out of 300 unvaccinated people died. Most of them elderly. Odds of being on the short end of the stick, after not get vaccinated, about 1 in 2.

I realize we don't have quite proper beginning and ending dates for a perfect comparison of risks. And the data reported might well not be accurate. But what data we have makes it clear than the odds of being old and alive in Waterford are a whole lot better among the vaccinated.

10. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post

The first one says 99.7% of people had at least one shot by September 2021. Seems high, but maybe people there were really worried.

The second one, not quite three weeks later, said there was a lot of Covid around, the hospitals were getting overhoaded, and over well half the deaths were among the unvaccinated (in both case, among the old). Counting from back in April of 2021, they had about 320 deaths - about half of them vaccinated and half of them unvaccinated. Most of them over the age of 80.

Just to put that in perspective, suppose the Waterford area has 100,000 people. 99,700 of them were vaccinated. 160 out 99,700 people died. Most of them elderly.

Still supposing the Waterford area has 100,000 people 300 of them (the 0.3% of the population) were not vaccinated. 160 out of 300 unvaccinated people died. Most of them elderly.

I realize we don't have quite proper beginning and ending dates for a perfect comparison of risks -- but what data we have makes it clear than the odds of being old and alive in Waterford are a whole lot better among the vaccinated.
    Whos to say the flu wouldn't have gotten the same people????

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I realize we don't have quite proper beginning and ending dates for a perfect comparison of risks -- but what data we have makes it clear than the odds of being old and alive in Waterford are a whole lot better among the vaccinated.
    Except, we don't know why unvaccinated were not vaccinated. Is it possible they were unvaccinated because they could not be vaccinated in which case that would indicate a sicker and more frail which would virus take easier anyway? This stuff is not simple.

13. Likes CalG, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The first one says 99.7% of people had at least one shot by September 2021. Seems high, but maybe people there were really worried at seeing rising cases??

The second news report, not quite three weeks later, said there was a lot of Covid around, the hospitals were getting overloaded, and over well half the deaths were among the unvaccinated (in both case, among the old). Counting from back in April of 2021, they had about 320 deaths - about half of them vaccinated and half of them unvaccinated. Most of them over the age of 80 (average age 80, median 82).

Just to put that in perspective, suppose the surrounding Waterford area has 100,000 people -- then 99,700 of them were vaccinated. 160 out 99,700 people died. Most of them elderly. Odds of dying with Covid raging, and wth one or more Covid jabs, about 1 in 600.

Still supposing the Waterford area has 100,000 people 300 of them (the 0.3% of the population) were not vaccinated. 160 out of 300 unvaccinated people died. Most of them elderly. Odds of being on the short end of the stick, after not get vaccinated, about 1 in 2.

I realize we don't have quite proper beginning and ending dates for a perfect comparison of risks. And the data reported might well not be accurate. But what data we have makes it clear than the odds of being old and alive in Waterford are a whole lot better among the vaccinated.

LOL! Maybe...

Apparently you accepted a lot more cookies than I did.
    I hope they were fresh and soft?

But the whole thing kind'a makes one wonder if there could be some amount of truth to the post a page back - that ... could it be that the vax'd actually are the spreaders?

Is there maybe some amount of truth from the paranoid - that you can catch it from "shedding" vax'd folks?
    Maybe?

???

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

15. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thewynner98 View Post
    Whos to say the flu wouldn't have gotten the same people????

These guys, and several studies since:

COVID Far More Lethal Than Flu, Data Shows

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    LOL! Maybe...

Apparently you accepted a lot more cookies than I did.
    I hope they were fresh and soft?

But the whole thing kind'a makes one wonder if there could be some amount of truth to the post a page back - that ... could it be that the vax'd actually are the spreaders?

Is there maybe some amount of truth from the paranoid - that you can catch it from "shedding" vax'd folks?
    Maybe?

???

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Nice thing about both sites is they made it easy to not accept all the tracking cookies.

Ox, as far as I know, the virus has mutated in ways that allow asymptotic people to spread the disease. And also mutated in ways (Delta variant) that vaccinated people often get mild cases. So, I think it's true that the vaccinated and the unvaccinated can both spread this -- and that whether you get really sick depends on such things as whether you've been vaccinated or not, underlying health conditions, and likely the initial viral dose.

Seems there are three things to do to avoid hospitalization and death or lingering disability. 1) Get a couple of jabs of one of the more effective vaccines. 2) Don't get old or immune compromised. I'm still wondering how to not get old. 3) Avoid exposure to super doses of the virus if and when you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 is for sure where the big cities have shown such losses, and out here in the corn fields, not so much.

I have been thinking that the density factor has been a major player all along - per how sick you git.
    Sure, it's going to play a roll in how easy it is to spread, but does a runny nose git worse if everyone around you has one too?
    It seems that is the case with Wuhan.

???

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

19. Likes thewynner98 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeetek View Post
    Except, we don't know why unvaccinated were not vaccinated. Is it possible they were unvaccinated because they could not be vaccinated in which case that would indicate a sicker and more frail which would virus take easier anyway? This stuff is not simple.

Yep.

The simple statistics used earlier suggest one is about 300x better off (1 in 600 vs 1 in 2) with vaccination. The actual data we have suggests it's probably more in the range of 10x to 20x better off.

There's lots still to learn, we might both agree.

21. Likes Ox, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just try to urge people to get a vaccine.
    Maybe it works and the odds better.
    It is free.
    My wife so much opposed. All in the net anti-vax stuff. Seems every day she has a new story to tell me.
    I had no reaction at all but she tells me I will die within two years.
    That may be true but not thinking Covid.

Mandates and rules. Should people wear seat belts? Wear a helmet on a motorcycle or sled?
    Maybe this not the same but sort of.
    Once your life saved by something perspective may change. I hated seat belts and helmets at one time.
    Living brings lessons.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Absolute ghost town in bozeman mt

It's the snow keeping people from getting to the hospital! It took my daughter 4 hours to get from Bozo to Livingston last night ;-)

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    It's the snow keeping people from getting to the hospital! It took my daughter 4 hours to get from Bozo to Livingston last night ;-)
    I dont know how thats possible. If she was only driving 10 mph on the highway she probably shouldn't be driving..... Not trying to be a Dick but that seems unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

L

The second news report, not quite three weeks later, said there was a lot of Covid around, the hospitals were getting overloaded, and over well half the deaths were among the unvaccinated (in both cases, among the old). Counting from back in April of 2021, they had about 320 deaths - about half of them vaccinated and half of them unvaccinated. Most of them over the age of 80 (average age 80, median 82).

Average age of wuhan flu mortality 80, median 82. One has to wonder what the overall average mortality age is? 72???
    Heck, get the bug and live another ten years!

It worked out that way in Northern Italy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I just try to urge people to get a vaccine.
    Maybe it works and the odds better.
    It is free.
    My wife so much opposed. All in the net anti-vax stuff. Seems every day she has a new story to tell me.
    I had no reaction at all but she tells me I will die within two years.
    That may be true but not thinking Covid.

Mandates and rules. Should people wear seat belts? Wear a helmet on a motorcycle or sled?
    Maybe this not the same but sort of.
    Once your life saved by something perspective may change. I hated seat belts and helmets at one time.
    Living brings lessons.
    Bob

Bob

For Fucks sake! Nothing is free! It is paid for by working stiffs like you and me, and the children of our children's children.

God! I hate that excuse. Free lunch! Steal it while you can. for Fucks sake. wake UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dont know how thats possible. If she was only driving 10 mph on the highway she probably shouldn't be driving..... Not trying to be a Dick but that seems unlikely.

There was an accident, road closure at the pass, she turned around and went "the back way" , still beat the mired traffic. I got the pics to show it ;-)

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    There was an accident, road closure at the pass, she turned around and went "the back way" , still beat the mired traffic. I got the pics to show it ;-)
    Right on. Got lots of wrecker buddies so usually I hear / get pics. Must've been on the livingston side. Just seemed off.

29. Likes CalG liked this post