Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccine mandate

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mebfab View Post
    From some document a ran across

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity

Pretty sure "provide for the common defence" is what the supreme court upheld decades ago on vaccine mandates. And yes, the vaccine does not prevent it. But it greatly reduces the chances of death. Sure going without and dying is the best way to not spread it.
    Pure nonsense. If an unvaccinated person dies, how does that harm the vaccinated? This truly is an "Emperor's New Clothes" situation. The so-called vaccine does not protect against either getting infected or spreading infection yet somehow forcing everyone to get this non-protection will protect us all.

And as for the Supreme Court, they've been "finding" all sorts of things "Constitutional" for decades that would never have passed muster with the men who actually wrote the Constitution. Most of the decisions by activist-majority courts ruled in favor of increasing government power over the individual liberty the Constitution was intended to protect. Black-robed bandits in many cases.

2. Likes couch, digger doug, mkd, barbter, thewynner98 and 4 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The numbers flat out do not bear out that the vaccine protects others. The vaccines don't seem to have slowed down Covid, much or at all. It does appear obviously that the vaccine cuts down the severity of the symptoms. I got two jabs, but feel it should be up to the individual to decide.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seriously excellent responses here. I'm kinda blown away.
    in my job's case, to answer a question, i have a 1-2 month window to get "fully" vaccinated before they are compelled by gov't edict to can me. It's not clear what "fully" means as it's appearing to be a moving goal post. Might be 6 months booster for al eternity on a nasty bug that has a 99+% survival rate.
    Having got it in Jan, my poke apprehension quickly turned to wishing it was available in time for me. A couple shitty days for the vaccine seems like a pretty good trade for what i went through a some mild permanent symptoms.
    I hope a weasel out of the poke, at this time since i've already been through it.

5. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    If you don't want an mRNA vaccine, get the J&J vaccine, its a plain old fashioned killed virus vax.

Its been over a year since I said people were going to go crazy, believe it or not somedays I regret being right...
    thanks for the tip on J&J

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Presumeably if you refuse the vaccine, you get fired, and CAN'T collect unemployment?

If so you'll get what you deserve.
    That's outta order.
    Whatever happened to my body my choice?
    Why have all of the Whitehouse and congress etc got a pass to this?

8. Likes mkd, SND, thewynner98, Joe Miranda, Frogdiver and 1 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chad883 View Post
    Calling this a vaccine is a gross misuse of terms. A vaccine is designed to make your body produce the antibodies to be able to fight off something. If you get the SHOT and then get Covid, it is not a vaccine. The term vaccine is being thrown around and misused to mislead people and to gain support by saying you get other vaccines. How effective is the polio vaccine?
    What are you talking about? Do you think all previous vaccines are 100% effective?

Flu vaccine is worse, chickenpox is about the same, measles vaccine is really good, and the one for polio is excellent. There is lots of variability. Like the vax for chickenpox, the covid vax really reduces symptoms in the people who do get it.

10. Likes JDennis, mhajicek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hightemp View Post
    What are you talking about? Do you think all previous vaccines are 100% effective?

Flu vaccine is worse, chickenpox is about the same, measles vaccine is really good, and the one for polio is excellent. There is lots of variability. Like the vax for chickenpox, the covid vax really reduces symptoms in the people who do get it.
    Do they require people to get the chicken pox vax? Do they require people that have had the chickenpox to get vaxed?

12. Likes mkd, Demon73, Jashley73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    Seriously excellent responses here. I'm kinda blown away.
    in my job's case, to answer a question, i have a 1-2 month window to get "fully" vaccinated before they are compelled by gov't edict to can me. It's not clear what "fully" means as it's appearing to be a moving goal post. Might be 6 months booster for al eternity on a nasty bug that has a 99+% survival rate.
    Having got it in Jan, my poke apprehension quickly turned to wishing it was available in time for me. A couple shitty days for the vaccine seems like a pretty good trade for what i went through a some mild permanent symptoms.
    I hope a weasel out of the poke, at this time since i've already been through it.
    I know someone who works in a lab with government contracts. They had a choice, get the jabs or weekly testing. He opted for weekly testing. He had a laboratory confirmed Covid case early in the year with moderate symptoms so he has the antibodies and doesn't trust the still experimental mRNA "vaccines".

14. Likes mkd, Demon73, Frogdiver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CITIZEN F16 View Post
    The numbers flat out do not bear out that the vaccine protects others. The vaccines don't seem to have slowed down Covid, much or at all. It does appear obviously that the vaccine cuts down the severity of the symptoms. I got two jabs, but feel it should be up to the individual to decide.
    Oh, brother new thread, same lies

hospitalization and death rates follow vaccination percentages closely

I notice you, as usual, offer no facts

hospbest.jpgworst-hosp.jpgvaccrate.jpg

But since when does truth matter,right?

just your opinion is better than facts

Sicne you always agree with yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hightemp View Post

When you say "measles vaccine is really good" do you mean it protects against infection? I had measles as a kid, and by conventional science am protected for life. Also had chickenpox, mumps and a few others. Vaccines for them did not exist.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    I know someone who works in a lab with government contracts. They had a choice, get the jabs or weekly testing. He opted for weekly testing. He had a laboratory confirmed Covid case early in the year with moderate symptoms so he has the antibodies and doesn't trust the still experimental mRNA "vaccines".
    I suggested that the weekly testing could be avoided if they first doo the blood test for antibodies, more money, but "once and done" if positive.

18. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so that means what?
    Oh, zero

I am not fan of mandates, and it is sad that stupid people. led by you, won't get vaccinated to save the lives of others

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    I suggested that the weekly testing could be avoided if they first doo the blood test for antibodies, more money, but "once and done" if positive.
    'it has been suggested'

by fools on TV

not by epidemiologists

Getting covid does not make you immune.

21. Likes JDennis liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    so that means what?
    Oh, zero

I am not fan of mandates, and it is sad that stupid people. led by you, won't get vaccinated to save the lives of others
    'it has been suggested'

by fools on TV

not by epidemiologists

Getting covid does not make you immune.
    Speaking of stupid arguments

23. Likes SND, Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pure nonsense. If an unvaccinated person dies, how does that harm the vaccinated? This truly is an "Emperor's New Clothes" situation. The so-called vaccine does not protect against either getting infected or spreading infection yet somehow forcing everyone to get this non-protection will protect us all.

It doesn't kill you in 5 minutes. It slowly wears you down, shuts your organs down and stops your lungs from working. You'll be on oxygen for a few days or a week and then a ventilator for weeks until you die. Nobody can visit you until you're in a coma and they write you off as a goner. Then one person can come say goodbye to you.

So while you're in there rotting from the inside out on a hospital bed other people that need care get shafted. It comes in waves so you're considerably more likely to get covid when a bunch of other people in your area have covid.

Just a few weeks ago I had a ton of shit to going on and my air compressor died. Starting capacitor exploded. No big deal, I'll just drive down my road 5 minutes and go the electric motor shop I do work for and pick one up. Big god damn sign on the door, the business just closed that day. The owner just died that morning from Covid.

Had to drive 2 hours to get that capacitor.

I don't think it should be law that people get vaccinated, but I do think it's bullshit to think it doesn't impact other people negatively if you don't.

That little electric motor shop was captive to the largest steel mill in the NW. Constant stream of emergency rush motor work to keep that mill alive. Wonder what consequences that downtime will have on an already strained steel supply chain?

25. Likes dalmatiangirl61, JDennis, mhajicek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so that means what?
    Oh, zero

No, it is sad that stupid people actually believe that a so-called vaccine that doesn't prevent infection, doesn't reduce the viral load, and doesn't prevent infecting others should be mandatory.

So what is the result if everyone were vaccinated? 100% of the population could get infected, carry a full viral load, and infect others. And when we try to point out the absurdity of that you all say we should get the jabs because it reduces OUR risk of dying. So how does that protect the rest of you?

27. Likes couch, thewynner98, Ox, Frogdiver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    Speaking of stupid arguments
    Oh, gee such a very intellectual and detail rebuttal

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, it is sad that stupid people actually believe that a so-called vaccine that doesn't prevent infection, doesn't reduce the viral load, and doesn't prevent infecting others should be mandatory.

So what is the result if everyone were vaccinated? 100% of the population could get infected, carry a full viral load, and infect others. And when we try to point out the absurdity of that you all say we should get the jabs because it reduces OUR risk of dying. So how does that protect the rest of you?
    Lie
    lie and

oh
    Lie

Everything you stated is categorically false

30. Likes Greg White, TheOldCar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So getting the shot will not keep me from getting it, or spreading it, and actually getting it will not keep me from getting it, what is the purpose of the shot? Or testing for it? or not testing people weekly that have had the shot? How much will a weekly test help?

32. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    It doesn't kill you in 5 minutes. It slowly wears you down, shuts your organs down and stops your lungs from working. You'll be on oxygen for a few days or a week and then a ventilator for weeks until you die. Nobody can visit you until you're in a coma and they write you off as a goner. Then one person can come say goodbye to you.

So while you're in there rotting from the inside out on a hospital bed other people that need care get shafted. It comes in waves so you're considerably more likely to get covid when a bunch of other people in your area have covid.

Just a few weeks ago I had a ton of shit to going on and my air compressor died. Starting capacitor exploded. No big deal, I'll just drive down my road 5 minutes and go the electric motor shop I do work for and pick one up. Big god damn sign on the door, the business just closed that day. The owner just died that morning from Covid.

Had to drive 2 hours to get that capacitor.

I don't think it should be law that people get vaccinated, but I do think it's bullshit to think it doesn't impact other people negatively if you don't.

That little electric motor shop was captive to the largest steel mill in the NW. Constant stream of emergency rush motor work to keep that mill alive. Wonder what consequences that downtime will have on an already strained steel supply chain?
    I had it, with mild symptoms. Several of my friends had it with moderate symptoms. The only 2 people I personally knew who "died of Covid" were already dying of co-morbidities before Covid even hit our shores. Both were quite elderly and quite sick.

And that grim scenario you describe is the deliberate results of stifling effective early treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by chad883 View Post
    So getting the shot will not keep me from getting it, or spreading it, and actually getting it will not keep me from getting it, what is the purpose of the shot? Or testing for it? or not testing people weekly that have had the shot? How much will a weekly test help?
    It's not about science and medicine, it's about conformity and establishing a precedent for government control over our bodies aka veterinary medicine.

Need an example of government control over people's bodies? Under China's one child policy women pregnant with a second child were ordered to have an abortion and those who declined or hesitated were forcibly taken to the clinics.

FUCK BIDEN!
    FUCK PFIZER!
    FUCK ALL BRANCH COVIDIANS!