Thread: vaccine mandate

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have had this argument in our family’s shop for months. We are all related by blood or marriage so it is an interesting environment anyway. COVID put a big strain on things. My wife and I couldn’t wait for vaccines but it made the argument more bitter. Most of us have the vaccine because we believe it works and are thankful for the amazing advances that made it possible so quickly. Some of us don’t have it and will not get it because we do not trust the government and believe that politicians of all stripes simply want to exercise control over their enslaved taxpayers.

I say “we” and “us” because I have personally switched sides on the argument from believing the vaccine is wonderful to feeling incredibly disappointed that the vitriol has gotten worse. I resent the political control games being played out like still being required to wear masks on planes, in medical facilities and some other places.

I believe COVID is real and have lost friends to it. But, I don’t care if it came from bats or a Chinese lab. It simply is here and we must adapt to it. I hate the conclusion which I now see plainly that COVID provided a platform for the greatest social control exercise ever conducted. Different governments have tried different tactics and different degrees of control. They now collectively know exactly what people will put up with and how to sway people to coerce other people into submission with their schemes.

I now refuse to play the game. I have the vaccine because I believe it will help me if I become infected. But, I don’t give a tinker’s damn if you have one. I won’t require anyone in our shop to get stuck if they do not want to. I will make it easy for them to go get stuck if they want to. Their choice, not mine. I will ache if one of my children dies from COVID but they are adults. And, do not ask me to wear a mask!

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    "They will pay".
    Just wish they'd hurry it up. It looked like the US was finally on the way to stomping this in about July. Then ...

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Well EG if your posts are legit your living and enjoying the benefits of a society (the U.S.)
    The "benefits" of US society ? I'm thinking Nigeria might be a better deal. They're probably closed too, tho.

No prob...we have plenty of freeloaders who milk the system and bitch and complain about it.
    Got that backwards, the system has bled me like a turnip, I get and got nothing from any US gov org, ever, while Treasury has systematically milked what penny-ante money I saved via their on-demand printing presses. In fact, I don't think they even need to print money anymore, they just add a few zeroes to a number in a spreadsheet.

So when you think the CCP is gonna welcome you back?
    Probably about the same time New Zealand and Ozztralia allow 'murricans to enter again - maybe the wednesday following the twelfth of never.

Fuck. Blew this one bigtime. Looks like the truth, no one ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public

"Because the plain people are able to speak and understand, and even, in many cases, to read and write, it is assumed that they have ideas in their heads, and an appetite for more. This assumption is a folly.”

@Kalispel, I think you are attributing too much to malice that can be explained easier by stupidity. To a lot of people, just adding a rule is so much easier than using their heads.

Altho I have noticed that there are a lot of people in the US who just have to make rules and give orders. I wonder why you never noticed that until this mask thing came along ? At least masks and vaccine perform a useful purpose. The other shit they insist on is pure crap. In twenty years I forgot just how fucked up the "land of the free" was. I got too used to being left alone, to do whatever I wanted in my private life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
    We have had this argument in our family’s shop for months. We are all related by blood or marriage so it is an interesting environment anyway. COVID put a big strain on things. My wife and I couldn’t wait for vaccines but it made the argument more bitter. Most of us have the vaccine because we believe it works and are thankful for the amazing advances that made it possible so quickly. Some of us don’t have it and will not get it because we do not trust the government and believe that politicians of all stripes simply want to exercise control over their enslaved taxpayers.

I say “we” and “us” because I have personally switched sides on the argument from believing the vaccine is wonderful to feeling incredibly disappointed that the vitriol has gotten worse. I resent the political control games being played out like still being required to wear masks on planes, in medical facilities and some other places.

I believe COVID is real and have lost friends to it. But, I don’t care if it came from bats or a Chinese lab. It simply is here and we must adapt to it. I hate the conclusion which I now see plainly that COVID provided a platform for the greatest social control exercise ever conducted. Different governments have tried different tactics and different degrees of control. They now collectively know exactly what people will put up with and how to sway people to coerce other people into submission with their schemes.

I now refuse to play the game. I have the vaccine because I believe it will help me if I become infected. But, I don’t give a tinker’s damn if you have one. I won’t require anyone in our shop to get stuck if they do not want to. I will make it easy for them to go get stuck if they want to. Their choice, not mine. I will ache if one of my children dies from COVID but they are adults. And, do not ask me to wear a mask!

can I double (triple) like this post?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought more folks would be surprised/upset by the number of people dying from what is now a mostly preventable death from covid. 1 in 460 Americans have died of covid. To me this is deeply disturbing. By comparison the number of Americans who died in WW2 was 1 in 613. (Calculated from population in 1945)

In my province, which is probably not that different from any State in the US, every patient currently in ICU is unvaccinated. This is in a province with 84% of eligible people vaccinated (that is higher than in US). Isn’t this strong evidence of how well vaccines work? Sure is to me, and on our country’s Thanksgiving day today, I am very thankful for the people who developed covid vaccines.

L7

5. Likes dalmatiangirl61, mhajicek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since this thread is about "the mandate" can anyone post a link to its official language so we can at least have something concrete to criticize? I did a vey quick look and couldnt find anything but I also am having intermitent connection problems with the internet....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    Since this thread is about "the mandate" can anyone post a link to its official language so we can at least have something concrete to criticize? I did a vey quick look and couldnt find anything but I also am having intermitent connection problems with the internet....

Some "reporters" on the internet say, "there is no mandate, only a press release", Waiting for OSHA to make the bold proclamation. (scape goat)

But there is this group opposing the vax

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/087/474/063/original/89a2a949b96b1ddf.mp4

8. Likes thewynner98, barbter, tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Do they have any dirty stories about demon sperm ?

10. Likes JDennis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Do they have any dirty stories about demon sperm ?
    Did you watch the vid???

GD Cal, usually cnn & fox are banned at the Press club (except for Jan 6) & I don’t watch at home. I wonder if this is going to be a campaign commercial for the mid terms 13 months from now…

Nuts,
    Matt

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Maguire View Post
    Did you watch the vid???
    Are you shittin' me ? It's a CalG link. I don't want to damage my computer.

I'da considered it for some good triple x demon sperm vids but not for his usual crap. Too stoopid for words, where does he find this trash ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightemp;3824341Literally nobody in the US is forcing it on anyone, outside of maybe the military since they more or less own you when you sign up.
    [/B
    Want to work on a government contract? Then make sure your IT system is up to snuff, you have access control procedures in-place, and you need to be vaxxed. Do you object to any of these requirements? That's fine, you have that right. We'll just move on to the next supplier.
    "Is there a mandate for COVID-19 vaccines in California?

All California students and school staff will be required to get vaccinated against Covid-19 as soon as January 2022, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday. The mandate, the nation's first, applies to all students in kindergarten through 12th grade in public, charter and private schools, and all school employees.Oct 1, 2021" (Google Search)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'da considered it for some good triple x demon sperm vids but not for his usual crap. Too stoopid for words, where does he find this trash ?
    Well it’s mostly cnn videos with candidates, & policymakers talking about the vaccines in Sep-Nov 2020. Kinda puts real meaning to two-faced… Maybe spikes the ball for some.

It’s not web site hosted, no adds, nothing but the video takes.

Good luck
    Matt

15. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Come out from behind your sofa Eggy, it won't hurt you
    Basically it's a compilation of Cuomo, Bidet, Harris etc all saying hell no, I don't trust the vax and won't take it etc.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    All California students and school staff will be required to get vaccinated against Covid-19 as soon as January 2022, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday. The mandate, the nation's first, applies to all students in kindergarten through 12th grade in public, charter and private schools, and all school employees.
    Just like all the other shots you need to go to school. Don't get the shots, don't go to school. End up a retard, like too many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Maguire View Post
    Well it’s mostly cnn videos with candidates, & policymakers talking about the vaccines in Sep-Nov 2020.
    Could be, but remember the boy who cried wolf ? I'm never going to look at anything CalG has posted, he's so full of shit that it's not only useless but dangerous to one's mental health. I don't need to get apoplectic over dishonest crap. There's nothing he's touched that hasn't been butchered, altered, cut, edited, and fucked over. He's a waste of time.

The virus will go away, eventually. Civilization, I hope not ...

https://youtu.be/87veEAC0CY0

the kid is too much

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some "reporters" on the internet say, "there is no mandate, only a press release", Waiting for OSHA to make the bold proclamation. (scape goat)

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/087/474/063/original/89a2a949b96b1ddf.mp4

Did you see this one Cal?
    Wuhan apparently, in Chy-Na.... all saying it's fake???
    It'''s all fake - Wuhan

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

@Kalispel, I think you are attributing too much to malice that can be explained easier by stupidity. To a lot of people, just adding a rule is so much easier than using their heads.
    Maybe.

I certainly see a lot of people trying to force their will on others. Some may be legitimately trying to help but are just poorly informed or illogical. It is unfortunate these people can stumble into positions of power. I put people like Dr Amy Acton (early rule forcer in Ohio) in this category. Their influence typically does not last long.

I think most “rule makers” are conniving and working from their own interests. Read almost all politicians. They do not care if something is stupid or illogical. They only care that they can gain another measure of power by exploiting it.

20. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hightemp View Post
    Literally nobody in the US is forcing it on anyone, outside of maybe the military since they more or less own you when you sign up.

Want to work on a government contract? Then make sure your IT system is up to snuff, you have access control procedures in-place, and you need to be vaxxed. Do you object to any of these requirements? That's fine, you have that right. We'll just move on to the next supplier.
    Government..IT systems..up to snuff...yeah everyone knows Gov't and/or it's contractors NEVER EVER get hacked. The same people who helped finance the Wuhan lab.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post

Great post but as a Nation we really need to know the truth regarding how covid came to be. Especially if our own government was involved.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    I thought more folks would be surprised/upset by the number of people dying from what is now a mostly preventable death from covid. 1 in 460 Americans have died of covid. To me this is deeply disturbing. By comparison the number of Americans who died in WW2 was 1 in 613. (Calculated from population in 1945)

In my province, which is probably not that different from any State in the US, every patient currently in ICU is unvaccinated. This is in a province with 84% of eligible people vaccinated (that is higher than in US). Isn’t this strong evidence of how well vaccines work? Sure is to me, and on our country’s Thanksgiving day today, I am very thankful for the people who developed covid vaccines.

L7
    Why do you find what happens to Americans deeply disturbing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So what we are arguing about here is the difference between those who got a vaccine that doesn't protect them vs. those who didn't get a vaccine that doesn't protect them.

25. Likes standardparts, Demon73, couch, CalG, barbter and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung View Post
    The vaxxed produce the more infectious variants themselves. ]
    SO just make things up as you go along

Lies lies and more of the same lies

and a few new ones