Close
Login to Your Account
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccine mandate

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thewynner98 View Post
    Anyone stupid enough to use the seatbelt argument isnt a pillar on vaccines. You know more people die every year with seat belts than without right??

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    Are you saying you have more of a chance of dying in an accident with a seatbelt on than without?

2. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thewynner98 View Post
    Anyone stupid enough to use the seatbelt argument isnt a pillar on vaccines. You know more people die every year with seat belts than without right??

That is some seriously skewed logic. The VAST majority of people drive with seat belts on. A seat belt might not save you from a head on with a semi, but it will most certainly greatly increase your chance of survival in say, a single vehicle rollover. No seat belt on with a rollover, and you will most likely be ejected from the vehicle.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My seat belt keeps you safe and your seat belt keeps me safe.

5. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

@standardparts - I agree with you that we need to know how the virus originated. I simply think it is irrelevant when considering how to deal with the virus in my daily life at this moment in time.

7. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well this post turned out about how I suspected.

I guess I'll just wait to see how the supply chain sorts itself out.

9. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    But, when we got that mark, that particular vaccination was 20 yrs old, and had had many years to prove it'self a worthy risk.
    Umm, Ox, usually you are a lot more careful with facts. Both polio vaccines were rushed just as much as this covid vaccine. The Sabin one, the guy created it, gave it to himself, then his wife, then his kids as soon as he thought it would work. The guy had balls.

And people were not stoopid then.

... and now they tell us to not share needles?
    Where were they in 1975 when we were lined up like a Ford assembly line?
    Hmm. Only flu shot I ever had was in 1966, when they lined us up and used some air-injection thingy from Ft. Rich to blast our arms. No needles. Also the last flu shot I will ever get, damn thing made me sick for a week, I'd rather have the flu The Moderna shot didn't even hurt, couldn't tell I had it, until five hours later took a nap and woke up a day later. Better than waking up with tubes hanging out in the hospital tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    So what we are arguing about here is the difference between those who got a vaccine that doesn't protect them vs. those who didn't get a vaccine that doesn't protect them.
    Yeah right, where do you get this crap ? Ten times more likely to get it and many times more than that, likely to die without the vaccine. Stoopid gets what stoopid earns. Don't get the shots, Joe. They'll only make you sick. Go to church and sing your heart out ...

11. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yoke View Post
    Well this post turned out about how I suspected.

I guess I'll just wait to see how the supply chain sorts itself out.
    The tone was set from post 3, the division is real and drowns all, at least till the shit really hits the fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Umm, Ox, usually you are a lot more careful with facts. Both polio vaccines were rushed just as much as this covid vaccine. The Sabin one, the guy created it, gave it to himself, then his wife, then his kids as soon as he thought it would work. The guy had balls.

And people were not stoopid then.

Hmm. Only flu shot I ever had was in 1966, when they lined us up and used some air-injection thingy from Ft. Rich to blast our arms. No needles. Also the last flu shot I will ever get, damn thing made me sick for a week, I'd rather have the flu The Moderna shot didn't even hurt, couldn't tell I had it, until five hours later took a nap and woke up a day later. Better than waking up with tubes hanging out in the hospital tho.

Yeah right, where do you get this crap ? Ten times more likely to get it and many times more than that, likely to die without the vaccine. Stoopid gets what stoopid earns. Don't get the shots, Joe. They'll only make you sick. Go to church and sing your heart out ...

Polio vax dates to the 50's.
    It was not forced until the mid 70's.
    That's my math....

As for the air injected thing - well that may be true, and may be what they did to all of us.
    I know it was quite the equipment!
    Interesting...
    (not that _ that is relevant by any means right now)

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Polio vax dates to the 50's.
    It was not forced until the mid 70's.
    That's my math....
    Didn't need to be forced. I don't remember the Salk (those were shots ? got it but don't remember the occasion) but vividly remember taking the sugar cube with the red splotch a year or two later along with everyone else, on the front lawn of the elementary school. This was the fifties.

We didn't argue about it for twenty years. We didn't want to get polio. I guess people want to die of covid. Fine, I just wish they'd hurry up so we could get this over with.

Also have the smallpox scar. I guess people don't have those anymore ? I wonder why ...

The air injection hurt like hell

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AARONT View Post
    Are you saying you have more of a chance of dying in an accident with a seatbelt on than without?
    Considering 52 percent of people in fatal accidents were wearing their seatbelt its at best a toss up. Same with the virus specific strain it might work some might now. Specific kind of accident you'll die some you wont. Life's a game of chance quit pretending either the vaccine or the seatbelt statistically improves your chances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So we clearly have a line drawn with 2 sides. The only question left to ask is: Why is one side trying to force the other into doing what they believe?

17. Likes thewynner98 liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Enough with the personal insults
    Last edited by Ox; 10-12-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: moderated

19. Likes Trueturning, Matt_Maguire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

all these idiots saying that you an still get covid even if vacinated remind me of folks saying seatbelts do not prevent accidents. people wearing seatbelts still get in car crashes and some of them still die,. therefore seatbelts do not save lives.
    They are a government conspiracy paid for by the seatbelt makers and the seat belt workers union. A seat belt broke my cousins Clavicle so it must be true that they do not work.
    Bill D

21. Likes JDennis, mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    all these idiots saying that you an still get covid even if vacinated remind me of folks saying seatbelts do not prevent accidents. people wearing seatbelts still get in car crashes and some of them still die,. therefore seatbelts do not save lives.
    They are a government conspiracy paid for by the seatbelt makers and the seat belt workers union. A seat belt broke my cousins Clavicle so it must be true that they do not work.
    Bill D
    Seat belts? Seat belts are cool.

Airbags though, airbags kill people. And they are also mandatory, except for the passenger, unless they are above or below a certain weight, or when you are travelling a certain speed, etc.

All that took time to figure out. We haven't had that yet for the jab.

Keep quoting how many doses have been administered and let me know when nine women can make a baby in a month while you're at it.

23. Likes thewynner98 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In before the lock.............................

Myself nor my family will NOT be getting the vax...................we all already had the Chicom Bat Soup Flu last January...............very mild cases too..................we even had it a second time in early August(even more mild than the first.........gotta love natural antibodies)...............I know quite a few Drs in different fields of medicine, also a handful of PAs, and NPs.............all but one one said a healthy able body person(had Vid or not)should not get the vax.................if'n you're at risk or at least an adult(no way should this thing be given to a kid)...........go git the poke. I don't care. Your body, your choice......................

But there's been a good few folks in this neck of the woods that got the jab and got sick..............really sick. My FIL for example, got the poke last April and got the Commie Flu in late August................knocked him down for a better part of a month...................it sure seems odd when places like Singapore is having a huge spike in Vid cases even though the country has one of the world's highest vaccination rates..............suppose they all just need a booster or 2 or 3 or 10...................gotta keep this goin as long as we can.....................

25. Likes thewynner98 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    all these idiots saying that you an still get covid even if vacinated remind me of ....
    Bill D
    FlipFlop says....
    :shrugging:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  
    Last edited by barbter; 10-12-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can not substantiate the guy's credentials nor the data source. But......

28. Likes digger doug, Ox liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But indeed....
    And 2 weeks later.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

30. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    But indeed....
    And 2 weeks later.....

Can anyone confirm that?
    Just to be sure that it is not a miss-info meme. (like so many)

Just the fact that they claimed such high dosage to begin with seems awfully "far out there" to me - a corn fed Yank.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can anyone confirm that?
    Just to be sure that it is not a miss-info meme. (like so many)

Just the fact that they claimed such high dosage to begin with seems awfully "far out there" to me - a corn fed Yank.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Just took a look, seems accurate. Ireland reporting 92% of 18+ as of the end of september (photo caption says 91% as of the 23rd), about 20% of teenagers, and none under 12 for a population total of 74%

33. Likes Ox, thewynner98 liked this post