What's new
What's new

Vacuum Braze houses in the Northeast?

Fulcircleny

Cast Iron
Good afternoon all,

As the title says, I am looking for recommendations for a Vacuum braze vendor in the Northeast. They must have the ability to re temper the material (6061-t6,) back to the T6 condition, post braze. I have spoken with Bodycote, Solar Atmospheres, and several others. Anyone have any other names they can recommend within a 2 day ship window (regular ground, vs Overnight) of Central New York?

I currently use a West coast vendor, they do Great work, but the lead times, PLUS shipping times are getting to be un manageable.

Thanks in Advance, have a good evening, all

Regards,
Chris

Try Modern heat treating technologies in Akron, NY. He is my heat treat vendor and I know they braze heat exchangers in the vacuum machine.716 542-4071

Blue Water Thermal in Coldwater, Mich may be able to doo that?

I have seen product (and trucks) there from all over.

I have e-mail address if you can't find what you are looking for closer to home.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thank you, Digger Doug, I will contact all in this thread. Most vacuum brazers don't want anything to do with Aluminum, due to the low melting point. Several on the list have already said no, for the reason mentioned, so I will keep going. Thank you all, enjoy your evenings.

I happened to speak with someone from Peters this afternoon, and I asked about
your job.

He said they do NOT do brazing as it "messes up the furnace", but have helped
a couple of customers, find a vendor to do it for them.

so ring them up.

Back