What's new
What's new

CNC scheduling software.. must be compatible and communicate with Global Shop

c5z16z

Aluminum
Hi guys,
as the title says, i am looking for good user friendly scheduling software.
it must communicate with global shop, or at least be able to import new jobs from global shop into the new software.
if it cant import jobs from global shop then we can do with out.
( but i want to avoid the manual import as much as possible )

we have been running jobboss for quite sometime now and i am not impressed with user controls/functions.

what do you guys recommend?

Did you already buy Global shop? You mention Jobboss. If you haven't run and check out Proshop. Scheduling built in and a lot better interface / easier to use.

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm kind of shocked that GS doesn't have a "proper" scheduling system. Is that the case or is it more that you don't like theirs?

If you can give me an idea of what it is you're looking for on the scheduling system, I might be able to help. My guess is that you're hoping to do things like ensure a job gets started soon enough before due date (based on estimated processing time), know if you've scheduled too much work for a particular work station (e.g. you have 60 hours of work scheduled for a 40 hour week on your 5-axis mill), track work flow via scanning, print daily reports and/or make them available on an app. I would be kind of shocked if GS couldn't do this.

The Dude

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm kind of shocked that GS doesn't have a "proper" scheduling system. Is that the case or is it more that you don't like theirs?

If you can give me an idea of what it is you're looking for on the scheduling system, I might be able to help. My guess is that you're hoping to do things like ensure a job gets started soon enough before due date (based on estimated processing time), know if you've scheduled too much work for a particular work station (e.g. you have 60 hours of work scheduled for a 40 hour week on your 5-axis mill), track work flow via scanning, print daily reports and/or make them available on an app. I would be kind of shocked if GS couldn't do this.

The Dude

Im sure it does it but Global Shop was probably the most overly complicated software for Shop ERP that I've ever seen lol

The Dude

GS does have scheduling capabilities, but my dilemma is since we use it company wide anyone can move jobs from machine ctr to machine ctr. That can result in job routing or re-route jobs to machine ctr's without the adequate capabilities.

i would like to control the machine shops schedule based on our experience and machine capabilities / work load..
shop internally.. that is why we use JOBBOSS based on our meeting/production demands i arrange jobs and route accordingly in jobboss.

i am looking for good user friendly scheduling software. it must communicate with global shop, or at least be able to import new jobs from global shop into the new software.........

what do you guys recommend?

Job shop scheduling software. Schedlyzer meets both requirements. Free, fully functional, 60-day trial copies of it are available for evaluation on shop floor.

Back