What's new
What's new

(Very) Exotic Critters in the shop...........

AlumaNazi

Plastic
I am posting this hoping someone can offer some more helpful advise as to where to go for some advise...

This is absolutely real, I am hoping at least one response will be helpful, I am NOT a believer in this stuff!

A few years ago we moved into this shop. For the last several years, I have stubbornly denied what was happening.
It has suddenly gotten Impossible to ignore it...... I have ignored it as long as possible, but I cannot ignore it anymore.

Things are now happening in front of everyone who works here. I just had a new employee who only lasted a few weeks, and never came back.
He was the only one who seemed to be bothered by it, and he also told me of similar things happening at his own house.
Everyone else has been absolutely unafraid, and this does not seem to be a harmful or mean event.

Something VERY dramatic has happened in front of all the present employees, and it is always something that is ABSOLUTELY physically IMPOSSIBLE. Something every week, and sometimes every day.

One day someone was cutting Bronze at the band saw, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark shadow, and the 40 lb box of bronze went flying across the room, and slammed into the wall. I don't know anyone strong enough to throw something like that.
I seen it, and the guy at the band saw experienced it. His attitude was, simply amusement, "That darn thing messed up all my bronze blocks I stacked up so neat... "

One day I heard a giant SWOOOSH !!! and one of the light fixtures hanging down was slammed into the ceiling. The 8' bulb was crushed into pieces, not ONE single piece bigger than my thumbnail. The crushed glass shards were carried another six feet where they were pinned against the wall, and then slowly slid to the ground.
There was no machinery running, and no doors or windows in the area, no breezes...
Trust me, I looked into ANY and I mean ANY possible explanation.

I was telling a new guy about the "situation" and told him that no one was afraid, and there didn't seem to be any harm, just weird stuff happening on occasion....
His first comment was that "Well it should have to work too!" "Lets give it a time card, and make it work!"
My reply was that I didn't think we could train it......

Within minutes, ALL the machines in the shop alarmed out at once!
We had been running all day, and everything was going at once... Everything alarmed out.....

HMMM... What caused that? All the air pressure was gone.

The air compressor room is behind a large garage door. That door is next to where we were standing, and there is NO WAY anyone could have gotten that door open and gotten into that room. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to have gone past us.

I went into the compressor room, and the air valves were all shut off.
1 1/4" ball valves all shut off. They could not have possibly vibrated shut. They had been open and all the machinery running all day..
Now minutes after making such a remark, they were all shut off......

Luckily this is happening in front of other people besides me.
It certainly wanted to PROVE that it was VERY REAL. It wanted to prove it was real to someone besides me....

If I was the only witness, I would be questioning my own sanity...

Sometimes it is a piece of metal that is sitting there, and just goes and flies across the room.
That is the most common.

One other day I was at one end of the room, and there was someone about 40 feet away.
We both heard a clang, like someone throwing a steel garbage can on the floor.
I looked toward the sound, and he looked toward the sound.... It was right in between us.
There was nothing that could have made that sound, just empty floor space.

Sometimes you see the metal go flying across the room.

I don't know what to think of all of this...

The typical places you might go for any expertise on this subject, I am not sure I could trust....

Someone might want to sensationalize this for their own amusement.
I don't want any publicity, just don't know What this is all about....

Tick, Tick, Tick.....

No cameras, yet??

If you are thinking something metaphysical, that might be a real money-maker, if a truly haunted building. If you could tolerate the publicity, aren't there a few "ghost-busters" cable TV shows?

YouTube might be a good venue, seems that a critical mass of dumb videos have allowed others to "quit their day job".

But most likely, someone's exotic animal has escaped, and since it's been going on so long, I doubt the critter was registered with the proper authorities. But you could check and see what has been registered in for a radius of 15-20 miles.

I suggest leaving open containers of alcoholic beverages around, enough to get the critter to pass out.
Or perhaps children's benadryl.

Well, there was this one guy, who, in his day, had people believing he could do super-natural out of this world things like you mention. His name is Brett Favre. I'm afraid you're gonna be haunted for years to come.

Most likely, someone had an illegal chimp or similar simian, as a pet and it either escaped or he cut it loose.
Machine shops can be warm in the winter and shelter from summer rain.

One thing about guys having exotic animals as pets is that they rarely go through the hoops, they just buy a smuggled critter and
have fun until it grows big, or ornery and then they don't know what to do, because they don't want to get in trouble.

You may want to call animal control. I don't doubt what you say for a minute.
I knew of a similar situation in these parts. Sure enough, a 180 lb chimp was holed up in an old garage.

His first comment was that "Well it should have to work too!" "Lets give it a time card, and make it work!"
My reply was that I didn't think we could train it......

Yep. That sounds like every shop out there that won't start an apprenticeship program.

As a true disbeliever I too have experienced similar events. I was at wits ends more than once. It took me over a year to figure it out.... The prankster got to meet new employers and find new locations to haunt.

If it is unreal..... be patient watch to see who is watching you more than the events....Thats how I caught my ghost.

If more than one person was involved it might be easy to keep the way and means from you...

This might have a shred of credibility coming from someone with more than one post and a screen name like AlumaNazi.

I'm pretty sure it's BigFoot, trying to live a more productive life. Come to think of it, I have one of Big Foot's saws (Big Foot Tools).

Please disregard my previous post; in fact if you were inclined to laugh, please don't bother. And take a look at the person who started this threads' screen name. Seriously, AlumaNazi, your pun name is sick. Go somewhere else and don't bother the decent people here.

Most likely, someone had an illegal chimp or similar simian, as a pet and it either escaped or he cut it loose.
Machine shops can be warm in the winter and shelter from summer rain.

One thing about guys having exotic animals as pets is that they rarely go through the hoops, they just buy a smuggled critter and
have fun until it grows big, or ornery and then they don't know what to do, because they don't want to get in trouble.

You may want to call animal control. I don't doubt what you say for a minute.
I knew of a similar situation in these parts. Sure enough, a 180 lb chimp was holed up in an old garage.

Well, I'll buy most of that explanation, but why would a chimp/bigfoot/creature from the Black Lagoon want to fling heavy bronze parts around?? He/she/it must've gotten really PO'd.

Or.........maybe it's time to clean out the coolant sumps.

The typical places you might go for any expertise on this subject, I am not sure I could trust....

So, you decided a machinist message board was the best place to find out about ghosts?:D Give me a break.

Actually, I did ask Ox about posting this here.
This is about the level of response expected.

This is a VERY serious post, I really don't know what to think about the situation.

This is happening in a machine shop...

Sorry, I didn't intend to stir up anything, I don't know what to think of these events and I don't know where to go.

This is happening in front of a few people. There is NO question that it is happening...

Guys, I am asking for help here, none of us know what to think of all this.
And there does not seem to be any reliable source of information.

Any actual help here?

Ok, you think it's supernatural??

Find yourself a professional magician, let them take a look.

He will either find a primate or a lot of monofilament line up in the rafters.

If the monofilament is found, who on your crew has a background in crane work? Not being silly, crane operators develop a knack for exploiting the inertia in a swinging load.

but why would a chimp/bigfoot/creature from the Black Lagoon want to fling heavy bronze parts around?? He/she/it must've gotten really PO'd.

It's called monkey business. Chimps will destroy the house of any "animal lover" that takes one in.

The reason you're getting ridiculed here is because:

The typical places you might go for any expertise on this subject, I am not sure I could trust...

Why would someone who's actually an expert on this subject be untrustworthy? Wouldn't they be the ones most likely to take this all serious?
I'm being sincere here. If you don't trust someone who's actually an expert on the subject, why would you expect something different from a machinist web board? Of course, you said you did expect the response you got, which now begs the question, why did you post it anyway? Just because this appears to be happening in a machine shop, doesn't mean it has anything to do with machining, so no one here is going to be very serious about it.

The reason you're getting ridiculed here is because:

Why would someone who's actually an expert on this subject be untrustworthy? Wouldn't they be the ones most likely to take this all serious?
I'm being sincere here. If you don't trust someone who's actually an expert on the subject, why would you expect something different from a machinist web board? Of course, you said you did expect the response you got, which now begs the question, why did you post it anyway? Just because this appears to be happening in a machine shop, doesn't mean it has anything to do with machining, so no one here is going to be very serious about it.

Try to put yourself in my position..
There are groups who Want to find these phenomenon....... So they can publish! So the7y can brag about it!

Do you think I want the sort of reaction I am getting here, from my customers?

There is a local group who offers "tours" of any sites in town that they have heard about....
Can anyone tell me WHY I would want that???

I don't know HOW to find someone who genuinely knows anything about this sort of thing, who is NOT in the search for their own amusement, and gives a shit what happens AFTER they come in stirring up shit that NO one understands, in order to get a "Big reaction".

Whatever is going on, it DOES react to being talked about.
I have to live with whatever trouble someone comes in and stirs up.

All the accounts I have found (so far) of a "Professional Investigation" involve a big circus, and the original occupants screwed over for life....

I have not been any sort of "believer" and spent Years absolutely Denying that anything Could have been happening.

In the last few months, it has gotten Extremely obvious, and makes a big show of itself to people coming into the shop.

In a few cases, some visitor was startled by the sudden bangs, and clangs, or stuff suddenly flying around....
All I could do was to quickly say "Ignore that, that DID NOT just happen!" and then quickly make a big effort to distract them with something else before it sinks in what they just saw happening.....

I finally gave up trying to keep it a secret from the employees. I talked to them one at a time, and told them that whatever happens, it was not scary, and not dangerous. It like having an eager kid in the shop, trying to help out...
Sometimes the tools in the tool box get rearranged over night....

One morning there was a Safety wire pliers sitting on my desk when I came in.
That was Very odd......
When I went to put it away in the pliers drawer, the usual disarray was replaced by all the pliers neatly arranged in rows, and to be honest, the safety wire pliers was out of place.
The thought that went through my head was, "Where does this odd looking pliers go?"

It seems to be somewhat playful, and sometimes helpful.

When the air valves got shut off, a closer look revealed that the auto drain was not working.... Lucky I took a closer look.

I don't know what to expect next...
But I don't want some bozo making a big public spectacle of me so they can look important for a little bit.

Does this explain a little better why I don't know where to look for any guidance?

Alright I'm game I'll give AlumiNazi the benefit of the doubt since I do believe in the "supernatural". With all the stuff going down get some video and post it. Second do some research on the building and the former occupants might turn up somew interesting facts.
Being a scientist I need iron clad proof. Lets see that video and go from there or hire a medium, but tell them nothing of what has been going on, see what they feel. Till then I'm on the fence.

Back