What's new
What's new

Way Lube Oil Dispenser--What Do You Use?

munruh

Hot Rolled
How are you all putting/pouring way lube into your machines? I'm looking for something less messy. I've been using a 4 qt measuring can with spout, but it's leaking and I need to replace it.

Our maintenance guys have something that looks like a 1.5 gallon pail with a pump handle and hose. I'll see if I can find similar on grainger or mcmaster and show you an example.

Why do a lot of machine builders put those way lube reservoirs in areas that makes them hard to fill? That is one good thing I can say about Star Screw Machines, the lube reservoirs on the machines I ran always were out in the open and easy to fill without making a mess. I have one on an old Takisawa TC-1 that is recessed into a cover and has next to no clearance around it, the cover would be a PITA to remove and replace. It also has a fine screen inside so it has to be filled slowly or the flow will back up. I use a long funnel that has a flexible spout. I think 25% of the lube gets in the tank the other 75% on the floor.

Used the use one of these at the last place I worked. Worked good and pretty cheap.

Siphon Manual Hand Liquid Transfer Pump
46cba8fc3df9e6257deb65cbc8a63cca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back