Way Lube Oil Dispenser--What Do You Use?
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default Way Lube Oil Dispenser--What Do You Use?

    How are you all putting/pouring way lube into your machines? I'm looking for something less messy. I've been using a 4 qt measuring can with spout, but it's leaking and I need to replace it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny South West Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10448
    Likes (Received)
    3190

    Default

    Our maintenance guys have something that looks like a 1.5 gallon pail with a pump handle and hose. I'll see if I can find similar on grainger or mcmaster and show you an example.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny South West Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10448
    Likes (Received)
    3190

    Default

    This looks similar to what they use, but the bucket they put it on isn't a 5 gallon.

    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/48552467

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    3,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    215
    Likes (Received)
    2068

    Default

    I bought some valve/nozzles that fit on a 1 gallon or 5 gallon pail

    bought from US plastics but this comes up faster

    DYNALON Polyethylene'/'Polypropylene, Faucet - 3UDG9'|'405654 - Grainger!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    7,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    639
    Likes (Received)
    3458

    Default

    Why do a lot of machine builders put those way lube reservoirs in areas that makes them hard to fill? That is one good thing I can say about Star Screw Machines, the lube reservoirs on the machines I ran always were out in the open and easy to fill without making a mess. I have one on an old Takisawa TC-1 that is recessed into a cover and has next to no clearance around it, the cover would be a PITA to remove and replace. It also has a fine screen inside so it has to be filled slowly or the flow will back up. I use a long funnel that has a flexible spout. I think 25% of the lube gets in the tank the other 75% on the floor.

  6. Likes Garwood, Ox liked this post
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milverton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    161
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    This looks similar to what they use, but the bucket they put it on isn't a 5 gallon.

    https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/48552467
    Exactly what I use, even for refilling hand oilers and hydraulic tanks. I have one for each pail of oil type.
    No more spills, and can get in nasty locations with it.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    54

    Default

    I use a little 5 liter plastic gas can. Good enough for me.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default

    Used the use one of these at the last place I worked. Worked good and pretty cheap.

    Siphon Manual Hand Liquid Transfer Pump

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •