What's new
What's new

What to do if a machine maker fails to deliver. AKA I jot ripped off.

pagoda

Aluminum
Anyone ever pay for a machine and have the seller go sidways? We have gone to the BBB and the owner will not reply to the case. They wont answer calls or emails... I am out $8500 and its the first and last time I will get burned like this.

They are still running a website so all I can do is get this info on the airwaves to keep others from getting taken. I have posted factual honest details on every social media site I can and send a weekly email asking if they would like to resolve the issue and send out our saw.

looking forward to any ideas someone might have.

Thanks!

Cancel payment, what company. Did you send the check or anything by US mail. using the mail to defraud makes it a federal case. Contact the postal police force.
Bill D.

Maxisaw corperation is the maker and seller. maxisaw | Contact Info

Paid via check in full as he promised to have it out before 2018 (doing my best to hammer tax bill 179)
Paid in Nov 2017. Asked for refunds, Gave them another month (july 2018) and they said that they would ship the saw as it would be more feasible then to refund me. I know from other vendors in the market that he is out of money and has no credit to buy parts to build saws.

The whole thing is a real downer because it looks like the people he did send saws to are happy.
Told him multiple times if he sends the saw and it works well I would give him fantastic reviews. Unfortunately when you steal $8,500 form someone thats not going to happen...

Now I have to trow more money at it for legal services AND another new saw as I have to move forward.

If I was certain that my money was lost I would call him one last time to say pay up before I donate that debt to Fingers Fred and Meathook Mike.

I would expect better out a fellow armenian.

Couple years ago I was buying property. The 84yo seller had to get it surveyed and move a line. He hired a surveyor and was talked into paying up front. 8 months go by without any work being done. I was going to turn him into the licensing board. On a whim I stopped by the office to see if I could talk him into working. He was not in. BUT HIS MOTHER WAS............ So we had a nice chat about how he appeared to have defrauded an 84yo man. I never saw a man as mad as he was after she talked to him about it. But he got off his as and did the work.

Already done.

Sad part is that 2 months ago when he told me he could not send my money back I told him he better file for bankruptcy if thats the case...

As for the fact he is Armenian and may have a mother? I could care less. I keep telling him to be a man and lets figure this out. He has decided to hide like a coward. I feel bad for him on some level as he has obviously hit hard times, but thats not my problem. He stole $8500 from a working shop. Karma sucks.

Obviously a lawyer needs to be involved but that is always time consuming and expensive. I have learned that a lot of people don't like to deal directly with confrontation. Go to the shop and confront him and demand the product or your calling the cops. It normally works because people don't like the idea of having charges filed against them. Scamming information can be hidden away and covered up, but a police report is there for life.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Obviously a lawyer needs to be involved but that is always time consuming and expensive. I have learned that a lot of people don't like to deal directly with confrontation. Go to the shop and confront him and demand the product or your calling the cops. It normally works because people don't like the idea of having charges filed against them. Scamming information can be hidden away and covered up, but a police report is there for life.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

You could try but the police are prone to tell you that matters such as the failed purchase of a machine are civil in nature and they won't get involved.

What is the best way to protect yourself from being scammed like this?

My opinion? Pay mo more than say 10% up front until the machine is built and on the manufacturer's floor where it can be viewed and examined personally. Pay some more and then after the machine is shipped and on your work floor, pay the balance.

Giving all of the money up front and you are betting on sevens.

Honestly, I would pay him a personal visit. No way I'd let some fuckwad steal almost 10g's from me. I flew from NY to AZ because some guy tried to stiff me on a $1500.00 handle pole for one of my race skis. I had a talk with his dad, and his dad left me alone with him in the garage. I got my parts. A few days after I flew back, paypal refunded me the money. I actually called the guys house to tell him I'd still pay for it, and his father said, and I quote, "Fuck that little asshole. He wants to play a scumbag, treat him like a scumbag. Besides, that'll cover your plane tickets."

I was left wondering how the guy was such a douche, with a legit father like that.

As previously stated, go see this clown, face to face. Felony assault and menacing should only get you 18 months. I've done that standing on my head.

Back