What's new
What's new

What happened to IndustryUp?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1,797
G

I am sure a few people interacted with the guy. I put his badge on my website, threw in my two cents on what he was doing then got busy with other things. Either my satellite internet is having issues interacting with Industryup.com or the guy threw in the towel. I last interacted with him in August 2016. From what I gather he was trying to do an MFG.com set-up without charging the outrageous fees. Also either I was posting while sleepwalking or a thread I responded to in the last week or so about another start up MFG.com type has vanished.
I can't find anything in my post history.

I shut it down.

Here's what happened: I emailed over 5000 shops and only 3 of them signed up. I offered 5000 shops to signup for free and only 3 shops took the offer. What I think happened was the emails I sent weren't to the shop owners (decision makers) but to salesmen / saleswomen and they just delete the email.

At this point - email wasn't going to work. I realized I needed funding / a sales team to get this going so that's the end of the road for me.

I spent over a year developing that site, worked on it everyday (including weekends).

I had a clear plan on how to make this successful without charging shops a dime for leads BUT I couldn't get shops to signup for it. I think I could have put mfg.com out of business.

I remember signing up for IndustryUp and then I wasn't able to see any jobs. I too got busy and forgot all about him.

Sorry but that's not how the site worked. We were not a quote business. I think you have this confused with another website.

Back