What's new
What's new

What would u do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUGUSTWEST

Aluminum
OK here it is guys,agreed to make a change for same wage to try dayshift at a new company. Of course they give you cheapest wage possible to get you in and tell you as little as possible in todays market.SOOOO thankful i didnt burn my previous employer and left on good terms explained best i could that i wanted to try something new.

After a month and a half working with 6 miserable but good guys i have learned this company has changed names 4 times in 2 years and had 14!!! bosses in 10 years.??? Without even getting into what some of problems are I think most will agree those numbers raise some red flags?? Am i right or wrong guys??

ABANDON SHIP

At the moment, do you like your experience with the new company?

Your co-workers aren't too happy, so that isn't good.

Your co-workers are a toxic workplace, is that worth the day shift?

I suspect you will be obligated to become a miserable, spiteful, pessimistic co-worker, also, or the others will make your life miserable for being a Pollyanna and being "blind" to "how bad" the company is.

Has your former employer filled your spot yet?

You may want to consider a very discrete discussion at your former employer. Let the correct person understand the job change was about the day shift, you are concerned about the toxic workplace you now have, and you are wondering if/when you could return.

Not sure if you should ask for the day shift, though :)

Don't try to change the world at the job; they aren't interested.

Grass ain't ALWAYS greener on the other side of the fence, is it?

I would have looked into it a bit more before I jumped ship. If you want to come back, it should be on bended knee, and be prepared to kiss some ass.

Were I an employer, I do not know that I would take you back.You made your bed. Lie in it.

George

I don't consider myself a prick, but I can sympathize with them who have been left high and dry, and the guy wants to come back, and you say NO, unless you REALLY need that guy. Hell of it is, that guy left because 8 bucks was not enough, he sure ain't getting TEN bucks when he asks for his job back.

George

I took a weld test for interview and read a print and yes this is a grass is not greener instance, im already hired back at old job thanks guys

You knew how it was at the previous employer, you're starting to know how it is at the new place.
2 options, go back to what you already know, or look for #3 and make sure its better than these last 2.
I don't like going back on anything, how's that anyway to move forward in life.

You left originally for a lifestyle change not an employer change. Now your back in a position you tried to leave. If your original employer is smart they should address these issues with a:trying to satisfy your with as dayshift role or b: preparing your position for a new person in 6 months time when you're off again.

Try looking around for another job that meets your lifestyle requirements. You now have valuable experience in knowing what to look out for and problem signs. New employers will appreciate the hard questions if they are the right business for you. I would prefer to hire someone who I know can think and wears his heart on his sleeve. It's better then a sleeping bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back