Where are all the Machinists - Page 21
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Valori R&D View Post
    Thanks for Screwing with my Work, you cost me a couple grand for pissing him off.
    Funny how you use the same punctuation/capitalization style as WillieWonka did?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    So you joined in 2014 and never posted till now? You also happened to be in the same state as Willy, what a coincidence. I have a feeling you might know him. So you honestly would want to do a job for someone who is obviously extremely unstable and looks like they make up stories right and left? If you really don't know him, we did you a favor by chasing him off.
    Well, wouldn't it be convenient to do work for someone in the same state? I think so. If you got a problem with me... then give me your number, or address. Like I said, you just cost me a simple easy money job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are welcome.

Interesting how you have been a member here for 5 years, but the only posts to your account are here - today.
    .. and looking for a fight as well...

How many more aliases doo you have?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Something wasn't adding up.
    Funny, ain't it, how few among us remarked on that or even spotted it?

Most went right past it with no notice of the contradiction atall.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is PM considered social media? I just refer to it as a professional forum. I thought social media was where people mostly come to socialize like Facebook which I do not use, don't do Instagram, Twitter, or anything of the kind. As for getting upset too easy it seems to me there are a lot more people walking around with hair trigger tempers since Trump was elected regardless of age. I have a 55 year old friend who I have known 35 years that I stopped talking to a year ago because recently he gets "upset too easily."
    Its far from a professional forum. There are professional people within the population, but I hope you don't put yourself in that cast of names. In my opinion it is is a forum full of intelligent people with interpersonal communication problems. And to that point its due to people like a Debbie Downer from say, Erie Pa that has the need to insult people when they are sharing their experiences. Professionals let everyone speak their mind without applying stereotypes or making assumptions. Professionals do not make off the cuff comments based on conjecture. Facts and even these days facts are considered opinions if it punctures the fragile egos of the bullheaded especially when all the hens in the hen house agree.

So the age old saying, when it Rome (in this case, being disrespectful) do as they do.... and when the Romans realize they are not in control, they distance and marginalize the person so they feel better about themselves. So what you are doing isn't far off from what is expected. What is happening in this shit show of a dialogue is the battle of generational methods to deal with people whom they or we disagree with.

That said, you all are making a compelling case for anyone with even half a brain to run the other way hence the reason we don't have enough talent attracted to machine shops/manufacturing.... The issue is machine shops are full of people with social economic issues that cannot express themselves in a constructive matter due to emotional deficiencies creating the wonderful experiences we deal with on a daily basis we couldn't even make up if we tried. Who the hell wants to work around that when so many other world pay the same and have a much better environment?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by guncrank View Post
    Funny how you use the same punctuation/capitalization style as WillieWonka did?
    What kind of a joke is this site? I came on here to check on a RFQ in my state, one Bill, or willywonka posted. Now I have this crap??? This is exactly why I don't do FB social networking, or this online forum stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe it was entertaining for you, but I was quoting his job on my swiss lathe, which is what he was wanting done. Lathe work on a swiss lathe and not his personal CNC Lathe which he said was older. He does have Equipment and sent me photos of it. That being said thanks for screwing up my quote process by blocking him on the site.
    You have a Swiss lathe that can run 1.25 diameter stock? What kind is it? You aren't going to get a couple thousand profit off of 500 simple plastic sleeves. Nobody is going to pay that unless you have a customer that you have a longer term relationship with. Open bid simple jobs go cheap, somebody would have made those for $1 a piece + material cost.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    [Lots of very interesting comments deleted]
    My Chinese-speaking son told me that when a spoken word was ambiguous, the speaker would often draw the character on his palm -- faced away from the listener -- with his finger, then turn his palm around and show the (invisible) character to the listener. AND IT WORKED! Apparently the stroke order and position while the character was being written was sufficient.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Like I said, you just cost me a simple easy money job.
    Well.. f**k. Collateral damage is a Motherf****r.

Go and ask Eastern Airlines how much worse it can be if you actually piss me OFF!

And, oh, yes. "Practice what you preach!" That took TEAMWORK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, wouldn't it be convenient to do work for someone in the same state? I think so. If you got a problem with me... then give me your number, or address. Like I said, you just cost me a simple easy money job.
    So now you're threatening me?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    I've got $5 that says he signs up under a new username and comes back twice as loud.

Guy like that can't stand not having the last word.
    Youre not wrong...I'm more surprised by how quick he came back. I'd bet my lunch that that Valori shares a similar, if not identical IP address.

I gotta say, I find it very confusing that people get through life without learning to back down in arguments that literally do not matter.

12. Likes Gobo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All this drama and Denmark was never mentioned.

14. Likes Ox, Yan Wo, Dualkit, pgmrmike, digger doug and 6 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have a Swiss lathe that can run 1.25 diameter stock? What kind is it? You aren't going to get a couple thousand profit off of 500 simple plastic sleeves. Nobody is going to pay that unless you have a customer that you have a longer term relationship with. Open bid simple jobs go cheap, somebody would have made those for $1 a piece + material cost.
    Thats what I was thinking "couple grand for 1.25"od x 5/32" drilled hole in plastic??!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So you figure Willy thinks you're the greatest and will pay you a couple thousand dollars profit on parts someone will do for a dollar profit each which equals $500 not $2000. Let me guess you have some ocean front property in Arizona you would like to sell also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking "couple grand for 1.25"od x 5/32" drilled hole in plastic??!!
    The guy is full of it. The only thing that baffles me is the 2014 sign up date or I would think he was Willy reincarnated. He is connected to him somehow obviously.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy1966 View Post
    <<snip>>. Who the hell wants to work around that when so many other world pay the same and have a much better environment?
    Where is this better environment for better or same pay?

15 TRUCK UNLOADERS TO START IMMEDIATELY- APPLY TODAY! - manufacturing - job employment
    labor intensive unloading trucks for $10.75/hr

I know machinist pay isn't great (a good reason for why this thread was started IMO), but I have yet to see all the other "better" jobs out there for the same pay, or better pay. The thing is, true you might be able to get into some dumb job that requires little skill or hard work for the same money as a machinist job, but you can pretty much bet your ass there will be no advancement and you will be stuck at that wage, and as soon as you start slowing down (getting older) they hire some other person who will work faster than you and you are out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry Val.
    Unlike you, I am NOT independantly wealthy, and I need to git sumpthing else done today other than chase your assets all over the web.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    All this drama and Denmark was never mentioned.
    Only by inference.

Everything WeeWanker had, did, touched, spat upon, or shat was "better", than anything else, so that's kinda "Gordonesque", yah?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys I am new to machining and teach as a Weld Instructor at my local HighSchool in Richmond.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The guy is full of it. The only thing that baffles me is the 2014 sign up date or I would think he was Willy reincarnated. He is connected to him somehow obviously.
    These last pages of post are really funny. Being a woman I will say that maybe that Val guy is full of it, but maybe he quoted a higher quantity? If the parts were only $1 per piece for machine time, maybe he bid 5000 parts, or 3000? Why won't Val say anything? I would like to hear his response to everyone posting about him?