UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Sorry Val.
    Unlike you, I am NOT independantly wealthy, and I need to git sumpthing else done today other than chase your assets all over the web.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    I'm confused here? Are you responding to that Val guy, or that Willy Wonka character? I can't quite follow along with this thread. Then the guy talking about chinese language? What does that have to do with "Where are all the Machinists" as an original topic?

2. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think all you need to do is look in the mirror if you want to talk to Val.

4. Likes Mrs Clarke, Frater01 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Speaking of chocolates whatever happened to Boris? He was always mentioning how much he liked them.
    Boris of "Mr. Slammy" fame? I vaguely remember him mentioning something about a heart condition and don't remember seeing any posts after that. 4 or 5 years back???

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This thread has turned into true comedy gold.

7. Likes Frater01, JDennis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Fab View Post
    These last pages of post are really funny. Being a woman I will say that maybe that Val guy is full of it, but maybe he quoted a higher quantity? If the parts were only $1 per piece for machine time, maybe he bid 5000 parts, or 3000? Why won't Val say anything? I would like to hear his response to everyone posting about him?
    He said the guy wanted the parts made on his Swiss lathe. The parts were very simple and could have been made on a $500 beater manual lathe with a fixed head stock, no need for a Swiss. Insisting they are made on a Swiss would have eliminated 95% or more of the potential bidders which would drove the price way up. It was another thing that didn't make sense.

It would be like if I posted a job for bid to haul away a couple pick up truck loads of drywall and house framing from a remodel project, but your truck has to be a 2019 model only. That would drive up the cost for no reason and makes no sense as a new truck isn't needed for the job. A 50 year old rust bucket can do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alphonso View Post
    Boris of "Mr. Slammy" fame? I vaguely remember him mentioning something about a heart condition and don't remember seeing any posts after that. 4 or 5 years back???
    That's him, I also think he liked chocolate a lot. I forgot about Mr. Slammy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    I think all you need to do is look in the mirror if you want to talk to Val.
    That one slipped by me, the female welding teacher from Richmond was a good angle. Obviously this person has a VPN that can generate random I.P. addresses. I am not an IT expert, but won't that make it hard to keep them out?