What's new
What's new

Wise saying of the day.

JG400

Aluminum
I came across a very wise saying today,

"Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again."

Jake

Wise saying for yesterday was:

If you want to get laid, go to college.
If you want to learn something, go to the library.

Frank Zappa

"Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again."

Jake

Reminds me of someone at work. He can't remember how to do something when you tell him how, but he can remember you told him so he can ask you again :wall:

I don't have a saying and sure don't won't to rain you the proverbial parade, but this post wasn't noted as 'OT', has no redeeming qualities, doesn't ask a valid question that needs a answer and isn't machine or wood oriented. It appears to me to be a BS-fest...I have a sore anus as I was stomped for this before...what is different here....Milicron!

Stuart

I don't have a saying and sure don't won't to rain you the proverbial parade, but this post wasn't noted as 'OT', has no redeeming qualities, doesn't ask a valid question that needs a answer and isn't machine or wood oriented. It appears to me to be a BS-fest...I have a sore anus as I was stomped for this before...what is different here....Milicron!

Stuart

Hey Atom,

I'm a fairly new member and respect your input on this thread, could you explain how it is different or what I did wrong as compared to the thread titled "Shop pranks and harmless fun" which has had over 12,000 views?

Thanks,

Jake

Today I got the obituary of a former co-worker. He was quoted:

" It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice "

Hey Atom,

I'm a fairly new member and respect your input on this thread, could you explain how it is different or what I did wrong as compared to the thread titled "Shop pranks and harmless fun" which has had over 12,000 views?

Thanks,

Jake

Jake,

You did nothing wrong...it's a great thread! I'm just a bit raw because it's tough to figure out what's a go and what's a no-go on this forum. Some threads make it through the maze and some don't..depending on the host's temperament at the time. I guess the bottom line is that it's his sandbox!:eek:

I'll even add my saying: If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got!

Stuart

Jake

I'm trying to figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing :)

It sounds a bit like, "I have a problem. What will you do to fix it?"

Gordon

I think I may be quoting another member here, so my apologies for nicking your saying.

"Life is a shit sandwich, however the more bread you have the less shit you taste"

A friend of mine's brother is pretty high up at a Walmart distribution center. He's known for telling his employees, when they come to him with a problem: "Do you have a solution? No? Get the f#$k out of my office until you do." or something to that extent. They know to come to the door having at least thought about how to remedy the situation.

Back