What's new
What's new

Would hanging an airplane from your ceiling make customers more confident?

In this 15 second video, see if it makes you more confident when you see the plane hanging.
https://youtu.be/CvMxB6trwiA

I don't know if it gives me any more confidence about the shop but I only saw a bunch of manual machines and I've been hearing a lot lately that nobody can make any money without a bunch of cnc's so someone better tell that owner that he needs to get some cnc's. That's a lot of building and machines to drop out of the thin air.

I don't know if it gives me any more confidence about the shop but I only saw a bunch of manual machines and I've been hearing a lot lately that nobody can make any money without a bunch of cnc's so someone better tell that owner that he needs to get some cnc's. That's a lot of building and machines to drop out of the thin air.

The CNC and grinding area is the other end of the shop.
"Drop out of thin air" lol

A guy I knew walled off half his shop to restore a WW2 airplane,about 40 years ago now......He had plenty of money,even then...the shop was truck clutch and brake,later expanded to the full building ,and the plane had to find a new home.

My own shop was built to accommodate the wings of a Steen Sky Bolt. I have bags and bins with the same label, "Sky Bolts" ;-)

Then came the kids... the dreams remain ;-)

I would rather that than eating dinner with the wife at Long Horn SH. Above your table is a dead bison hanging on the wall. It's not that it will fall. It's what's falling from it's dead carcass.

I have seen 1/2 cars hung on the wall for decoration. see some coffee tables below.
I do not care for the chevy v8. The crankshaft broke and flew away while the pistons are blowing off the heads.
Bill D

Attachments

• coffe table.jpg
    coffe table.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 156
  • mph-club-ferrari-california-t-special-handling-engine-3.9l-v8-twin-turbo-coffee-table-cover.jpg
    mph-club-ferrari-california-t-special-handling-engine-3.9l-v8-twin-turbo-coffee-table-cover.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 109
I would rather that than eating dinner with the wife at Long Horn SH. Above your table is a dead bison hanging on the wall. It's not that it will fall. It's what's falling from it's dead carcass.
They say food cooked over a buffalo chip fire has a distinctive flavor.
Bill D

Hello Big B,
Your assessment of a shop that mainly uses conventional equipment is severely flawed. The use of automated machinetools is indeed a necessary facet to most manufacturers, but the true core of any manufacturer's success is directly related to the effectiveness of it's "toolroom" practice.

There used to be a novelty restaurant in Fort Smith Ark that had a lot of gas pumps, Elvis stuff, and they had a small crop-duster type airplane hanging upside down. I also think there was a life size artificial gorilla in it with a football helmet on.
They were pretty busy at the time.

Back