What's new
What's new

Your Icloud account has been breached.

FredC

Diamond
Anyone else got these calls every few minutes all day long for the last couple of days. The ones received in my house with caller ID show numbers from Virginia with no 2 calls being from the same number.
A number was accidentally pressed during one of the calls and I got a woman from "Apple Support" that seemed to have no clue why I called her.

OK, did I yell at a real Apple employee or some woman that was running a scam to get Apple user's account info?

After wards I thought this could be a ruse by someone with a grudge against Apple trying to clog their lines with annoyed callers.

If what I saw in the last couple of days was done nation wide, billions of calls may have been made.

I've gotten them before. It's a scam. I've never had any Apple product. Been a while since I've gotten one of those calls though. Maybe I finally got through to them with my very not nice words and generally wasting their time.

I love getting telemarketer calls while driving home from work. I have 25 minutes of nothing else to do but give them the run around.

That is nice, but was it from someone with a grudge trying to tie up Apples lines or someone Phishing for my I cloud info? Like you I do not own an apple product. Between the shop and house we got hundreds of calls yesterday and the day before.
I can just see someone at the real "Apple Support" wondering why all these people are calling and why are they all upset.

Do you really think anyone from Apple or any other company would actually call you on the telephone? Social Security just called me on the telephone to let me know they had a warrant with my name on it and if I didn't respond immediately they were forwarding the warrant to the sheriffs department.

If a person were to take that baloney seriously they need to check into the local nut house. You can barely get any business or company to respond to even a simple online request..on their website yet...and you think that they would take the time and energy to actually phone you??

If my phone rings, it's either my wife calling from the grocery store to see if we need more Wild Turkey, or some dumb telemarketer wanting to scam me out of something!:eek:

Stuart

Do you really think anyone from Apple or any other company would actually call you on the telephone? Social Security just called me on the telephone to let me know they had a warrant with my name on it and if I didn't respond immediately they were forwarding the warrant to the sheriffs department.

If a person were to take that baloney seriously they need to check into the local nut house. You can barely get any business or company to respond to even a simple online request..on their website yet...and you think that they would take the time and energy to actually phone you??

If my phone rings, it's either my wife calling from the grocery store to see if we need more Wild Turkey, or some dumb telemarketer wanting to scam me out of something!:eek:

Stuart

I knew the call was not from Apple, just saw the possibility some one was trying to annoy them badly by using their real help line number as the call back number. If I was a bad person who had the where with all to carry it out and had a grudge against you I could have put your business number on the message to annoy you.
Press any number and it dials their call back number automatically. Kind of like a denial of service attack.

Which ever way this was done it stopped, I was not looking forward to doing it another day.

I actually want to get one of those calls "send me a gift card number or the sheriff will be there to arrest you",
because I do not know how to do that "gift card thing" but I got $2000.00 cash in the drawer and will met you at the sheriffs's dispatch desk. What do you mean you can not do it that way, my money says legal tender for ALL debts public and private and the sheriff is already coming I will just save him the trip.

I have received numerous e-mails saying I been caught multiple times on my web cam playing with myself looking at under aged girls on the internet. They also say they hacked my Facebook page and threaten to post the pictures if I did not pay $2,000. Obviously if no one ever paid the scammers they would not try it, I cannot believe somebody would be so stupid as to fall for some of the scams out there. Maybe it helps that I don't have a webcam, do Facebook and have no attraction to underage girls.

If my phone rings, it's either my wife calling from the grocery store to see if we need more Wild Turkey,

My wife just calls to check on the wild turkey she married. I'm good with that.

I'm down to only two types of robocalls now, 0 on a lean day 5 average, 8 on a bad day:

- Switch the Healthcare I have never had to THEIR company for huge savings.

- Extend the vehicle warranty I have never had, either.

Given I could otherwise go all week with as few as 2 legitimate uses of the phone?

I treat those as free tests that I haven't forgotten to pay the bill, and that network coverage still reaches the house.

Some guy called yesterday and said he could protect all my accounts 100% for $10 bucks a year and there is a 1-million-dollar guarantee if even one dollar ever gets taken form one of my accounts. all he needs to set up the program is a chick for 10 bucks and all my account numbers and passwords, my SS number and date of birth..

Just kidding on that but about once a week I do get investment guys who want me to invest in some venture or another..Oil venture, Pot, gold mine, you name it...

I answered a call from the Under Sheriff. He advised that a warrant had been issued for my arrest, to be served by two deputies who were on the way to my home. I inquired what the warrant was for. He answered that he needed my drivers license # or SS # to provide that info. I said that it was not important, but I did want to know what was on the dinner menu in the jail that evening. He said that my attitude was not conducive to a pleasant stay in his jail. I responded that the county had no Under Sheriff, but I would call the Sheriff and ask if he wished to talk to me. Dial Tone

I answered a call from the Under Sheriff. He advised that a warrant had been issued for my arrest, to be served by two deputies who were on the way to my home. I inquired what the warrant was for. He answered that he needed my drivers license # or SS # to provide that info. I said that it was not important, but I did want to know what was on the dinner menu in the jail that evening. He said that my attitude was not conducive to a pleasant stay in his jail. I responded that the county had no Under Sheriff, but I would call the Sheriff and ask if he wished to talk to me. Dial Tone

Rare to have a live animal on the other end. I don't get past the robot:

"This IS ..."
--"The f**k you ARE!" <click>

"I'm calling on a recorded line..."
--"Not no more, you ain't" <click>

"Can you hear me? "
-- "Hell no!" <click>

"Thank you for choosing VISA Master Card American Exress or Discovery"
--"Yer welcome." <click>

I have received numerous e-mails saying I been caught multiple times on my web cam playing with myself looking at under aged girls on the internet. They also say they hacked my Facebook page and threaten to post the pictures if I did not pay $2,000. Obviously if no one ever paid the scammers they would not try it, I cannot believe somebody would be so stupid as to fall for some of the scams out there. Maybe it helps that I don't have a webcam, do Facebook and have no attraction to underage girls.

So you say.
But Big Brother sees all, heh, heh, heh...

and have no attraction to underage girls.

No doubt they return the favour..

:)

I detoured on the way back from shopping to chat with a really cute underage girl I'm fond of this very afternoon. Asked about her family, what with COVID and all.. Her Dad had died in 2000, her Mum, aged 78, 2005.

"Under age?" Relative term?

I didn't date teen-agers even when I WAS one.

Older wimmin' didn't waste my time pretending to know about cars...
.. nor pretending to NOT know about sex.

:D

Generally Social security does not call you. I got a call in September last year. She told me she had received the second application for my benefits.

She asked several questions like mothers's maiden name and such and new the answers better than me. When she asked for my SS number I decided i needed to call them to make sure the call was legit. When I called the 800 number in the phone book it took about an hour and they could not give me the phone number for the Southcross street office in San Antonio. They did give me another local office number, called them got the Southcross office number. Called them and sure enough JMercer was there. The perp had a thick European accent and new the answers to the challenge questions better than me. His mistake was trying to use debit card numbers instead of bank account numbers to forward the funds to. He went to a lot of trouble to get my info but his payday would have been about $10K.

Moral of the story even though it rarely happens SSA, can call you. Do some due diligence before giving the caller any info. We were getting calls from the Social Security Department at the same time obviously fraud since the "dept" does not exist. JMercer just sounded different.

I did go and sign up the next month so that will not happen again.

Generally Social security does not call you. I got a call in September last year. She told me she had received the second application for my benefits.

She asked several questions like mothers's maiden name and such and new the answers better than me. When she asked for my SS number I decided i needed to call them to make sure the call was legit. When I called the 800 number in the phone book it took about an hour and they could not give me the phone number for the Southcross street office in San Antonio. They did give me another local office number, called them got the Southcross office number. Called them and sure enough JMercer was there. The perp had a thick European accent and new the answers to the challenge questions better than me. His mistake was trying to use debit card numbers instead of bank account numbers to forward the funds to. He went to a lot of trouble to get my info but his payday would have been about $10K.

Moral of the story even though it rarely happens SSA, can call you. Do some due diligence before giving the caller any info. We were getting calls from the Social Security Department at the same time obviously fraud since the "dept" does not exist. JMercer just sounded different.

I did go and sign up the next month so that will not happen again.

I doubt that the IRS or the SSA would ever call anyone on the telephone to discuss an account. I've gotten phone calls form scammers claiming to be from each of those agencies. In each case, they threatened me that unless I called a number that they left to arrange a payment plan, I would be prosecuted. I never called them. LOL

I have received letters from various government agencies explaining how a given program or other works, but never a real phone call. Government agencies need to document their work and a phone call is not documentation.

The scammers are just looking for money and/or personal information from people who probably don't understand how the government works.

If anyone from the government want's to call you, they will send it in writing first. Any other call is a scam. And there are enough old people that are gullible enough and afraid of technology that the scammers are successful enough to make it worth while.

Rachel from 'card holder services' calls me all the time, just to shoot the shit..I'm not sure if she is underage or not, but I sure would like to nail her..preferably with a large hammer to her skull!:angry:

Stuart

Another common scam is getting an email from Microsoft.

The secret is, Microsoft does not email you EVER!!

Gates might not be the straightest arrow in the quiver but he got that one right. :dopeslap:

The only call I have ever gotten from any government agency in my whole life was from the county here in central Virginia. Lack of familiarity with the local practices I had forgotten to renew my business license. They are only good for a year here instead of the five I was used to back in Cali.

Gates might not be the straightest arrow in the quiver but he got that one right. :dopeslap:

That isn't 100% so of "young Bill, da terd" himself.

Back when he was trying to be "accessible" and even "folksie".. we would now and then get mis-addressed messages.

William H. Gates, III AKA "Bill da terd" was: "[email protected]"

William B. Hacker, III AKA "Bill da terd" was: "[email protected]" ..

the OLDER account...as well as company.... FWIW..!!!

So I was "Old Bill" with a chunk of years on him and into computers well ahead of him. They just weren't "Pee Cee" sized! Two were "Hollow State", actually, one of them Analog!

The LAST of those crossed-messages was from somebody in Brazil who was seriously pissed at some MSN product faux pas, and not at all shy as to so saying!

In Brazilian Portuguese. Of course. Idiomatic, colourful, and a tad rude, even.

Google translate not yet a factor, I took a certain pleasure in translating it for him before applying the usual "Old Bill" to "Young Bill" cover note I sent it with!

NB: It was only ever our irreverent IRISH associates who'd use "Bill da terd".

The Irish couldn't be impressed by money nor prestige. Never had enough of either to take up the necessity nor habit of ascertaining any such distinctions.

The only way yer likely to be able to IMPRESS an Irishman is maybe to stir the hot embers of a roaring peat or coal fire.. with yer dick!

And then yer in a war to the death!!

"Coz THAT habit brands you a Scot.. too mean to own an Iron fire poker.

Nothing for it but to "stand the heat".... or flee to Denmark to dodge it!

:D

They have probably e-mailed me 100 times or better. I actually do type in a password when they want me to sign in. I wonder if they have an automated system to try them or someone actually types in F**K YOU A**hole to try to access my e-mail.

On a more annoying note just recently spammers have broken through my filters on my business e-mail after 15 years. All the spam subject headings are request for quote, all from different probably spoofed e-mail addresses. I get a dozen of those damn things a day.

Back