What's new
What's new

steam pump

surplusjohn

Diamond
Here is one that you guys may like. Last summer My Wife and I stopped at the Hamilton Ontario water works museum where they have a beautifully restored and working 185something steam pump, building etc. Very knowledgeable guide, I could not stump him he knew this machine inside and out. Wonderful place.

Hi John;
That is a gorgeous pair of engines they have up there. If you want to see cast iron and brass shine, this is the place. They actually steamed them when the museum was just starting up, now an electric motor does the job. It's the Garthshore Pump Works, don't miss it if you're in the area. By the
way John, are you into steam?-JM

I enjoy old machinery in general. Love old planes, cars locomotives , rockets, boats, what have you. There is a great Transportation museum near Bangor Main? Cars and steam engines. They have a huge restored Corlis engine

If by old boats you by chance mean pre 1950's wood "runnabout" motorboats, the best museum in the country of that ilk is in your state in Clayton...near the Thousand Islands. A few years back I became so fasinated with old outboard motors I traveled all the way to Clayton from SC just to visit that museum. Clayton is also the home of the Antique and Classic Boat Society. If any of you guys ever run across a 1957 Cadillac Sea Lark for sale, please let me know... I don't care what the condition is or where it is, I'm hoping on the next plane to go try and buy it !

57cad-cover.jpg

Cute, huh ? I need a shirt like that too...

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 04-12-2002).]

Back