What's new
What's new

Flexane Bedding

GeneT

Cast Iron
Kurt, Flexane is really rubbery to be bedding with. Do you intend to use additives, or are you trying for that micro-moment rail gun effect? GsT

Well Gene T, I do a lot of rimfires, and they are very vibration sensative, on one I used silicone, between the action and beding with good resulits for a wile. Browning uses some hard rubber like thing for the recoil area in there A bolts, just a though.

Have you seen the book 'Rifle Accuracy Facts'? There's some great research (as opposed to speculation) in there about vibration damping. The laminated flexural beams intrigue me. Flexane may achieve the same thing in a rimfire. If you try it, please post your results. Thanks, GsT

Gene I just got a flyer from Sinclair that has information on a CG Millennium Rifle action. It has a optional H&H Flexibed system. Looks like a aluminum bedding block with two linear elastomer strips set up inside. If you need more information, I could fax the brochure to you. Or you could check their wibsite: www.sinclairintl.com. Ph#260-493-1858.

Thanks Wayne. I have the brochure as well, I guess I just didn't look at it that closely. (A Sinclair catalog and myself are a financially dangerous combination ;) ) I'll check it out. If you've never dealt with them, the folks at Sinclair are first rate - probably the best company, in any field, that I have done business with. (No affiliation, just a thoroughly satisfied customer.)

I'm cleaning up and rebedding my old (1966) Anschütz .22 sporter.

I wonder how much flex is desirable? It might depend on the weight of the barrel. I'm not familiar with Flexane and hadn't thought of silicone, but just a crazy thought.... Permatex non-hardening gasket material??

smile.gif

Back