What's new
What's new

AGI video course

If you do a Mauser you may want to check out their video, I saw a sample with my machinist teacher who is an excellent gunsmith also and he was impressed with it.

Yes,the part I saw was about the distance between the two shoulders being .001 or less. I used the old barrel to get the mesurements(mispelled),saved a lot of time. How was the whole video?

I was impressed with it - I didn't feel like I wasted my money. I also have the rebarreling video with Daryl Holland. I learned a lot from it also. I'm still a novice yet, haven't rebarreled or chambered a rifle. The M-1 Armorers video was excellent also, Bob Dunlap showed exactly what is required for optimum trigger performance on the M-1. I don't think I'm qualified to try trigger jobs yet, but when I'm ready this will be a big help. Unless I get some really negative feedback I will probably sign up for the full video course. There doesn't seem to be any courses available here in Anchorage.

dnsbss,
Where is Meraux? I lived in Baton Rouge for about 2 1/2 years. Got a brother-in-law in Alex. Back in '83-'84 I used to run checks at night in a Bellanca Super Viking from Baton Rouge to Shreveport - I learned all about squall line avoidance (read: getting the blank kicked out of you while you attempt to keep the dirty side down).

Meraux is down river from New Orleans,the towns go Arabi,CHalmette,then Meraux it is about 15 miles from downtown New Orleans. Chalmette is where the Battle of New Orleans was actully fought.

I've driven only as far South as New Orleans and that's it. I've flown over that area, though - lot of water there.
smile.gif

Back