What's new
What's new

Building a 45acp...........

Fred T

Cast Iron
Does anyone have any suggestions for a manual to be used as reference when building a custom 45? I am planning on starting with Caspian slide and frame. I have not yet decided on the barrel. I also own a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's book.
ThanksFred T

There is a bewildering amount of books out for the 1911, 45 ACP,. Without doubt the finest handgun ever made. And they are real easy to work on, you do not need any machinery, can do anything you need to with hand tools. You should get a copy of Brownells catalog, it will cost you $5.00, you can find it at http://www.brownells.com/
In it you will find everything conceivable for your project. Books such as "Layne Simpson The Custom (1911 Auto) Government Model Pistol". There are videos such as 'Wilson Combat Customizing the 1911 Auto" 4 tapes and worth every penny. I could also reccomend "American Gunsmithing Institute" Videos and books. This site is also a wealth of info.

Do you have a particular idea of what you would do????

Paul G

Hey Paul
I already have Brownells catalog, thanks.I am going to start from the ground up, Oversized frame, slide, barrel and internal parts. put em all toghther and make a target gun.I hope. The reason I asked is because of all the choices, I am suffering from overload or to many choices I think. I wa hoping that you guys would help narrow the choices. i am hoping for a book rather than a video.
Thanks
Fred T

Back