What's new
What's new

gun driling

mldt

Plastic
Hello friends,

I am new in this forum, and I need some help from you to project. I am in
Prose to build a SMG for the TV film industry locally. But how I told previously I
Need help, I have license to do this work.

I like to make SMG but I have problem for starting with barrel because my law
Do not need rifling barrel some told me to buy seamless tubing. My quotation is this
If I put seamless tubing for the barrel what size of hole I need I have 7.62 caliber blanks

Some can help me in this please

Thanks for the time

7.62mm = .300 bore dia. groove dia. = .308 .
check pressure on 7.62 should be somewhere around 50,000 psi. seamless tubing may not be a good choice for this application...jim

try contacting one of the barrel manufatures and see if they can make what your looking for

Hello any one know distributors of barrels manufactures
Some give me some web site of manufactures of barrels

Thanks

Actually this thread was ripe on 9/12/01.In Vietnam we used to find weapons fitting this desciption all the time.I'll bet our troops in Iraq/Afganistan are finding them right now as I type this.A weapon of this nature has one purpose and one purpose only and it ain't plinking cans.As much as I love guns and being an American I will not feed information to anyone with a recipe like this one.Perhaps he will build it and it will blow up in his hands.

Actually I am not sure you guys are right- It seems to me like he is asking what size tubing he should use to make a replica of an SMG that will fire blanks only for movie prop use. The maltese love their firearms, particularly nice italian shotguns- there should be no problem with him getting ammo there. They also really love fireworks and explosions. Great fireworks there, in fact- some of the best handmade fireworks in the world.
And it is indeed true that malta has a film industry- they make a lot of movies there, but there is almost no industry there- hasnt been since the british pulled out their major shipyards right after the second world war. So not much in the way of steel suppliers.
Malta has some spectacular landscapes that you have no doubt seen in many "B" movies.
And the language he is speaking is about right too- they were a british colony, up til 1964, but the only tv stations they get are in italian. So you have a strange mix of maltese, english, and italian.
So my guess is this guy is on the up and up, and just cant speak english very well.
That said, he should probably go to Sicily on the ferry boat, and buy some seamless tubing there. It ought to hold up to blanks.

I think anyone making weapons for the Iraqi insurgents doesn't need to ask us how to do so. And frankly, I doubt there are many indigenous arms in Iraq (Afghanistan has a long term indigenous small arms history) because they have the cash to buy factory-made weapons.

That said, I think this project has significant safety issues that need testing before letting the finished props into the hands of movie actors.

Saddam Hussein supposedly had stockpiled more small arms and ammo per capita than any other country in the world. I mean, there has got to be a lot, when 350 tons goes missing, and nobody notices, right? :D
I think you are right that movie prop firearms are a specialty that shouldnt be undertaken by amateurs- its a pretty complicated subspecialty of gunsmithing. Bruce Lee's son was killed by horseplay involving a gun shooting blanks- bet the lawsuits from that one are still bouncing around. And as I understand it, many automatic weapons are actually converted to fire compressed gases rather than blanks, for a more impressive visual effect.
I would love to hear more about how movie prop weapons are actually made and modified- does anyone know more?

I was helping a friend build movie props years ago. We mostly built machine gun simulators (gas guns).Thirty caliber (1919A4 and 1919A6) and fifty caliber (M2). They were made from some actual parts and some parts that were machined from channel or barstock. They fired a propane and oxygen mixture, ignited with a spark plug. The gas mixture was controlled by miniature solenoid valves and a relay system which controlled the firing rate. Very loud and very realistic. They wouldn't chamber any live ammo or blanks and couldn't be converted to do so. There were a few companies making prop guns from actual firearms but a lot of red tape and many laws restricting how they were made. Some states required that the guns be welded together to prevent disassembly or made with a smaller size blank so that live ammo couldn't ever be chambered. You had to be able to engineer the guns to run properly and look realistic also.

I would be interested in seeing how you controled the charge and stuff for the props.
sounds very interesting none working lookes real:)

Back