What's new
What's new

Shipping part to Ireland

I dont' know about the Republic of Ireland, although most guns are illegal there, but Northern Ireland I'd say would be impossible. The US postal service won't even insure mail going to northern Ireland. I visited a good friend of mine there a couple of years ago and they told me guns are all illegal to possess there except for the police and the military. Maybe your proposed shipper would know for sure if it's legal in the Republic.

Kurt:

Do check with the BATF. Especially if it is a NFA gun part. There has been a big BATF sting operation going on all about buying and selling gun parts internationally over the internet. I am a Type 01 FFL and there is another type FFL just for manufacturing, importing/exporting, etc. firearms.
Do your homework. One gun part is not worth $20,000. and 20 years of your life.
Rustystud

Not NFA part, bolt action and not even miltary at that, trigger for a Sako Finfire 22LR. Have not herd back from him so he may have given up on the idea, USPS has no restrictions on it, talked to them this morning.

Just a update, called ATF OK by them, but was sent to Homeland secerty, customs. Now wateing to here from them. Don't you just love the way things get sent from one department to another.

Kurt

The trigger is part of a firearm, and so under Rep. Of Ireland law, the trigger itself is considered a firearm.

The guy you are shipping to will have to get an Import Licence from the Department of Justice, Firearms and Explosives unit. This usually takes about 3 weeks.

Rgds

Pete913

Firearms are legal in both Northern Ireland and the Republic, providing the holder had a licence for the firearm. Hunting and target shooting are popular in both parts of the island.

Northern Ireland still allows pistol target shooting even thought pistols have been banned in the rest of the UK.

Licences for pistols are once again being issues in the Republic following a ban enforce from 1971 to 2004.

Rgds

Don't know about Ireland but an Enfield Mk1 No4 bolt head (just the head) is a restricted part and not allowed to ship from UK to US. Some of these laws are very restrictive. Be very very careful. Uncrichie...

I've got news for you, it's ilegal for you to ship any gun part that is necsesary to make a firearm fire ,ie ;trigger, bolt, firing pin, barrel etc . You as an American cannot ship to ANY COUNTRY without an export premit filled in by you and approved by your government!

There is a $100.00 us exemption for shipments to Canada, but this doesn't apply to barrels bolts etc. It applies to stocks and a few other non critical parts. It is your countries law, not anyone else's.

This also applys to amunition, brass , bullets etc, if you don't have an import permit from the country you are shipping to (another US requirement) and a US export certificate, you are breaking the law.!!!

Lots of ffl dealers in the states have been caught by these laws, most recently Midway.

This doesn't seem to be enforced on private sales by non ffl people, but that may change.

Back