What's new
What's new

remington model 12 cs (.22special)

herkfin

Plastic
Please advise current price for a 80% example of the subject gun. Thank you. herkfin

This is the early Remington pump .22 which is chambered for .22WRF (except that Remington, of course, called it .22 Remington?...if I remember correctly, the 22WRF is available from some supplier or another these days, but is really expensive, so the rifle itself would not be very desirable, compared to the common .22LR version.

I don't know whether it could simply be re-barreled for .22LR, or whether the carrier and/or other internal pieces would have to be changed as well....

If simple re-barreling would make it a useful .22, I'd guess someone would likely think it worth, say, $35-ish, possibly $50-ish if its really pretty looking, with nice wood.

cheers

Carla

Winchester makes a special run of the WRF ammo about every 5 to 7 years. A 50 round box of this ammo is usually about $8. I have one of the Remington Model 12's in Remington Special. I gave $75 for it several years ago. The action can not be altered to work with the current 22 mag cartridge. The action parts are different from the regular Remington Model 12 made for short, long,or long rife 22's. The parts for the Model 12 and Model 12 Special bring very good prices on E-bay.

Back