What's new
What's new

shotgun barrel blanks

Honeyboy

Plastic
Does anyone know where I can find long shotgun barrel blanks? Last year E.R. Shaw had both 20 gauge and 12 gauge blanks 41 inches long, but they have been discontinued. I've tried other companies, but the longest I can find are only 28 to 30 inches long, which leaves little room for error. Any suggstions?

Brownells carried them at one time, though I don't see them in the current catalog. Call Brownells Tech Support (800-741-0015) and ask them who can supply them.

Clemson

I know of 32" and 34" blanks but they must be imported and because of being new and of quality are not cheap. If equipped with ejectors and chambers it may be nevcessary to get a special ATF license for a one time small importation. These will have lug blanks placed where you want them and are either for chopper lump or monobloc designs. A 34" barrel costs more but you can have a double made up and even ribbed and choked though the hooked end mustg be machined to final form. Depending on how much of what you buy you can run into $1400 for Really Good Stuff assembled but needing further work. This would only be for a personal custom project.

[ 02-10-2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: fspic ]

I'm looking for blanks for smokeless powder, although I have considered trying muzzleloader blanks and boring them out and contouring the profile to look similar to conventional shotgun barrels. That seems like a lot of extra work, but it may deem necessary if I can't find a source for conventional balnks. The price E.R.Shaw had was $140 per blank. I'd like to stay below that price range if possible. $25 to $75 would be prime. I've even thought of using hydraulic tube steel and working it down to specs. However, that would also entail extra work.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

www.Sportsmansguide.com shows some Winchester model 12 (?) barrels in 12 ga. x 30" and Win 97 in same length. Full choke. This is about as close as you can get cheaply to your specs. Depends on what you're doing. Might be able to pick up a few molecules length with an extended choke or a longer tube section that screws in like a choke.

Back