What's new
What's new

W&S 1AC question

rowdyw

Aluminum
Hello. This could be the beginning of many questions. I have used turret lathes for years and finally I bought a 1AC and a 1AB. After seeing the hard working, tough turret lathes, I have developed a brand loyalty to Warner&Swasey and I love this forum. Obviously I'm not alumni, but I hope you don't mind me asking questions. Anyway, I picked up these machines with a few pallets of tooling and accessories. There is a free-standing hydraulic pump that according to the hoses and fittings, hooks up to the AC. There is a plug that plugs right into the side of the machine. The fittings go on the back side of the spindle. My book says that should be air. Is this a hydraulic chuck? Thanks for any help.

Is there a cylinder on the back of the spindle? Did you get a chuck with the machine? If you don't have either you are apparently free to replace the chuck and cylinder with whatever you want but if you go with an air chuck you will need an air panel. If you go with an air chuck you can lose the extra hyd. pump.

Back