What's new
What's new

3A chip/coolant sheild plans/pictures

jabezkin

Stainless
We just got a totally rebuilt 3A(WOW!!) and need a good chip/coolant sheild. Any plans, pictures, opinions. At the present time we just have a Committe(ouch)looking at it, no operators.

HELP!

Rob

If I was John Micheal, I'd be busting my ass getting Jabezkins mom a chip guard ;)
No offence intended and all due respect, she sounds a lovely lady, but just one I wouldn't want to mess with :D

Take care. Sami.

Back to your serious question - The only guards I have seen an a slew of A-types is a hinged chuck cover hanging on a rod sticking out of a block on top of the headstock and a sheet of plywood or similar standing on edge in the back edge of the chip pan to save the next operator over. If you had a full enclosed CNC style set of chip guards you couldn't run the machine. When you are in position to operate the hex turret you are pretty much out of the path of the chips.

John M;
We have the hinged chuck cover and sort of a half CNC chip guard on an I beam on the older 3A we have, I was just hoping a better one would be out there.

Many thanks to you all, mom says thanks too.

Back