What's new
What's new

Serious K&T deal on the left coast!!!

Wonderful stuff there

John

Great looking mill! Too big for my tiny shop though. :(

Maybe I'm too picky but I cringed when I saw the pic of it being unloaded with the chains wrapped around the table.

I could not believe the pictures of that #4 CH with powered overarm being unloaded with a skid steer (2200lb lifting capacity).

I think it would be a miracle if that mill survived that move without damage.

It is (possibly was) a nice machine, too bad it is not 4000 miles closer.

I don't know why people take pictures of their poor rigging jobs to try and sell something, here is another nice example yikes
The trailer probaly bottomed out when the mill reached the end of the bed and was dragged from there. Also the pic of the guy cleaning it is a nice touch. The pics of machines covered in junk are alway funny too. A person can't take five minutes to take a pile of rusty tools and coffee cans off the bed or ways? Here is another classic seller milwaukee craigslist

Yes, sir. Those are some ugly rigging jobs. I looked for similar auctions from the seller with the Clausing. I was expecting to see the same auction listed as a "parts machine." And that K&T on the front end of the skid steer...? There must've been another skid steer hanging off the back of that one to keep it down. And those chains just wrapped around. No wood to be seen. Ouch.

That delicious machine is just 20 miles from me and it's all downhill! I mean REALLY down hill.

Twin Peaks is around sixtyfive hundred feet and the road down is a paved, twisty, switch-back mountain trail through conifer forrest.

My shop doesn't have the room, my slab will surely buckle and my RPC is 10HP. I still check the listing everytime I fire up the computer and I haven't had such butterflies since the Junior High dance.

I'd be a fool to go for it....... my wife agrees, then smiles......

Bob

Bob, sounds like all hope mightn't be lost???? ;)

You guys are lucky I'd have to put another 3000 miles on, dammit!!! :eek:

Oh well, Sami retires for quiet sulk :rolleyes:

Take care. Sami

Sami, my budget would only have allowed me to steal it and a couple of guys ran it up a little and one did steal it!

He seemed pretty earnest and I decided not to find out how badly he wanted it. At least it's not going to the knakers!

Doesn't help the hollow feeling but I am a little relieved at not having to sit in front of 10,000 or so pounds of trailer and milling machine while descending 4,000 ft on steep mountain switchbacks.

My flatbed truck with airbrakes is out of commision. Got to get that a little higher on the priorities list.
Sob.....
Bob

Back