What's new
What's new

#2 cincinnati vertical

racinjason

Aluminum
hi all i just picked up a #2 cin vertical and wanted to get some info on it. s/n is 4a2v1z-4

got it for $100 the head does not move but all the other feeds still work. is their any stuff on hear or is the parts book still avalable from cin? thanks for the info. are their any other people in indiana that ever get together>

jason

Is this the machine off ebay??
I was looking at it but passed because of the distance and the parts missing in the head.
To answer your questions, there are parts available from Cincinnati, but often times they are VERY expensive on old machines. I have 60" vintage horizontal and replacement gears exceeded $10k on an identical machine!!
Best bet is to get a parts manual and see what all is missing or broke. Then find a donor machine or a way to make or repair the broken parts. Other than that, you are gonna have to use what features are left or are not broken.
BTW, if you got the mill I am thinking of, it did "look" good.

yes its the off e bay. im guessing that i need to call cincinnati for a parts manual. machine is in prety nice shape,i can use the knee for now,for 100 could not pass it up. still looking to find the year.

thanks for the info

Gary E on here worked for Cincinnati for a while and knows a lot about these different machines. If you contact him, he may be able to offer you some imput (I bet he is getting tired of me throwing his name out each time the word Cincinnati comes up!!)
Anyway, give him a shout or maybe he will chime in with info on a serial number related year.
--Grant

That's ok Grant...
That's a 1953 machine...

When you say the head does not move.. does that mean the Spindle Carrier?.. there whould be a handwheel to feed it and power feed up and down.. maybe somethings jamed..

thanks for the info Gary. their is a shaft missing but i dont have a manual yet to see if their is anything else. im trying to get the head to lower so i can get it in the shop. where can i find a manual. is cincinnati still in business? have heard they changed their name a few times.

thanks again
jason

Back