What's new
What's new

Need a small aluminum cylinder lathed

exilea

Plastic
I need a small cylinder made for a small project. It can be Aluminum, and will have to be turned on a lathe. My drawing is below. Anyone interested in the job, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Hello
I could make that part for you! It looks like part of an air valve. If so, could you buy one off the shelf? One part is usually expensive compared to off the shelf. Just a suggestion!

Hello
I could make that part for you! It looks like part of an air valve. If so, could you buy one off the shelf? One part is usually expensive compared to off the shelf. Just a suggestion!

Nah, it's a fairly specific piece. It's actually part of of some prop replicas that a friend and I are working on.

So what would you charge me for it?

Hi!
Do you have a DXF file of this part? That would help! There are some dimensions missing for angles and minor dia. If you can send me a DXF or a print with all dimensions and I will get you a quote. My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks

Hi!
Do you have a DXF file of this part? That would help! There are some dimensions missing for angles and minor dia. If you can send me a DXF or a print with all dimensions and I will get you a quote. My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks

No, I don't have a DXF, this is just an approximate drawing. It won't have to be exact.
I forgot to note on the drawing that each grove is 1/8" deep.

EDIT: from left to right, the first two angles should be 60° and the 3rd should be 45°

As far as an inner diameter goes, it doesn't have to be hollow, it can be a solid piece. Whichever is more affordable is fine with me.

Back