What's new
What's new

Monarch 10 EE found a new home

Yes, you're torturing us with the non-working link!!! Ex. lab machine, high dollar tooling???!!! This calls for pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

That does sound like a really, really, good deal! I'm a little confused though...the ad says 2-24...does that mean it was for sale that long? If so, things did indeed work out for you!!!

Eric

That does sound like a really, really, good deal! I'm a little confused though...the ad says 2-24...does that mean it was for sale that long? If so, things did indeed work out for you!!!
Eric

The ad was posted on 2-24-08. I think the only reason it lasted so long was the fact of the weather last week. I drove out saterday morning at the trail end of a snow strom and was there at 9AM. The guy had 3 phone calls as I was fill out the check and getting bill of sale. I knew I would never find another 10 EE in this shape . Also he has a flat bed truck and a fork truck. He is bring it to my home for $400. It is about an hour drive. so just the issue of the truck and unloading it is worth $400 to me. For a total of $3950 I just can not lose on the deal. I bet the machine is worth $10K with tooling given the shape it is in. It is goning to look nice next to my Linley Jig Bore (that machine had a total of 200 hour use before I bought it for $200). If this was 1973 I would have a top notch shop. Of couse my new Tormach and PC kind of looks out of place next to the other machines

Very nice indeed. This was an opportunity everybody dreams of. It looks if only the chromed ventilation covers are missing.

I was one of the phone calls. The weather did suck and I was not able to get away from work during the week.

Looks like you got a nice one, enjoy.

I'll keep looking, I'm not in a hurry, hope for something similar sometime in the future. For now I've still got my 9" southbend A

I was one of the phone calls. The weather did suck and I was not able to get away from work during the week.

Looks like you got a nice one, enjoy.

I'll keep looking, I'm not in a hurry, hope for something similar sometime in the future. For now I've still got my 9" southbend A

This time it was my turn to get lucky. I almost did not drive out Saterday. But I had a feeling that this machine would be gone if I waited. I've been looking for a lathe for about a year. I waited to go look at another 10 EE last year and misssed out. My wife think I got ripped off for buying a machine that is 35 years old. I then pointed out that I picked here up at 35 years old too. My mistake was that I said the machine will still treat me right when it is 60 years old!! The guy also has a very nice moore #1 jig bore I think he will be selling also. That something that I don't need but if the price is right I have the room.

BOSTON

I a set of the top three chromed strips if your interested.

Hal rhh@midrivers .com

Thanks for the offer maybe. I'll have to ask him about them. They may have just been off. I'm also going to be looking for another face plate to leave set-up

Once in a lifetime.

What a bargain! I'm surprised there haven't been any posts from folks on the west coast lamenting about the lack of such deals (west of the Mississippi). It's always good to see old iron making its way into the hands of those who truly appreciate it for what it is (and will use and care for it properly). Great find!

The early 10EE had chromed cast iron vent covers.
The later ones are polished aluminum. The vent covers in the pic that you posted look painted. There should be some predrilled holes in your headstock cover.

Hal

Back