What's new
What's new

old lathe please help me!

absolut15

Plastic
hello !

my name is florian and i am from austria! i buy this lathe at ebay for 51,50 euro.

anybody knows some about type or more?

nice wishes!

Attachments

• 8ef2_1.JPG
    8ef2_1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 204
  • cbef_1.JPG
    cbef_1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 174
  • cdc0_1.JPG
    cdc0_1.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 155
Hmmm...

Donie- I'm not so sure that it can't cut threads...

It has flat ways... and the hand-controls for carriage, crossfeed, and compound are plainly visible... it MAY have a leadscrew either in the back, or INSIDE the bed somewhere... or it could have been removed at one point. Note the two bolts on the headstock...

Definately interesting... doesn't look like any US-made machine I've ever seen. Obviously, being predominantly small, it was small-diameter turning, looks like it was set up to be a second-operation lathe.... or pattern-making.

I wouldn't consider it to be a fantastic tool for precision work, but it is certainly much more capable than the first lathe I ever had... so Florian- if it is your FIRST lathe, then put it to work, and learn how to use it... and as time goes by, you'll learn more about it, and more about lathes!

Last edited:
thank you!

Donie- I'm not so sure that it can't cut threads...

It has flat ways... and the hand-controls for carriage, crossfeed, and compound are plainly visible... it MAY have a leadscrew either in the back, or INSIDE the bed somewhere... or it could have been removed at one point. Note the two bolts on the headstock...

Definately interesting... doesn't look like any US-made machine I've ever seen. Obviously, being predominantly small, it was small-diameter turning, looks like it was set up to be a second-operation lathe.... or pattern-making.

I wouldn't consider it to be a fantastic tool for precision work, but it is certainly much more capable than the first lathe I ever had... so Florian- if it is your FIRST lathe, then put it to work, and learn how to use it... and as time goes by, you'll learn more about it, and more about lathes!

thank you ! nice wishes! florian

Back