What's new
What's new

Request for quote - Teflon hex caps

Jeff D.

Aluminum
I am doing a small trial using hexagonal teflon bushings to protect the exposed ends of some heat exchanger tubes. I will know in about 2-3 months if the trial is successful, and if so I will be looking for 650 or so to do a more extensive evaluation.

The part is essentially a piece of hexagonal teflon stock (unfilled PFA or PTFE acceptable) that is 2" accross the flats and 1-1/4" long. It has a through bore that is 1.215"-1.230" ID, and a counterbore that is 1.495"-1.498" ID by 1" deep.

It is important that the PFA or PTFE material NOT contain glass fiber filler. I have specified virgin material, but reprocessed might be a possibility.

Anyone who is interested in quoting please PM me an email address and I can send you a pdf version of the drawing with dimensions and tolerances.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sent you an email Bob. Please quote an initial quantity of 650. If these are successful, and depending on how reusable they are, I could eventually need up to 9000 per year.

We can build your parts - Bushings

Allow me to quote your bushing parts, please e-mail me prints and quantities ([email protected]). I work with Tempco Manufacturing and Dadsons Machining is our sister company which handles our machine parts. Together we are equiped with the most state of the art stamping, fabrication, and machining equipment.

www.dadsonsmachining.com
www.tempcomfg.com

Jake Boyer
6514521441 ext 221
[email protected]
*ISO 9001:2000 Certified*

Jake - I sent you a drawing.

My appologies, I should have updated this thread. We are still testing the prototype caps, which have lasted longer than we expected. In these economic times, I need to build the best case I can for extending the life of our equipment. To do that, I need to wait and see how long the caps can be expected to last. I will respond directly to all those who have submitted quotes when I have more information and am ready to place an order.

Jeff

Back