What's new
What's new

Rendering Programs

Brian C.

Plastic
First, hi! New guy here. This might be a bit broad of a topic, but I stuck it here because it relates to firearms specifically.

After some recent conversations about more desirable features in a fighting handgun, I've started thinking a lot more along the lines of actually making something. Yes, I realize that it would be exceptionally expensive, take a very long time, and involve some play time with the ATF, but it can't hurt to get the ball rolling and worry about the details later, right?

My questions, then: Is there any particular computer rendering program that you guys recommend to start "sketching out" concept art for something like this? Should I maybe try to focus on drawing first, and handing to somebody else who can render it?

Thanks in advance,

-Brian

Or download Google's SketchUp and try that.

By the way, it's legal for you to make a handgun for yourself without ATF involvement as long as it's not full auto or chambered in something bigger than .50 BMG. State and local laws may apply.

Steve.

JUst downloaded Alibre day before Turkey Day and now I'm already drawing up my 2d parts from CAD into 3 d. Wish there was a way to do like the line command in CAD where I dictate @ X" <Yangle, without having to add dimension lines before the item is completely drawn.

Back