What's new
What's new

What Ecom shopping cart application are you using for your website?

llf264

Cast Iron
It's time that I added credit card processing capability to my operation and I have some products of my own to sell now so I'm curious who feels that they are getting good support at a reasonable cost for thier cc processing online.

It will be small volume at first so I'm hoping to find a reasonable charge without any monthly fee. Who here is happy with thier provider and service?

Easiest for small volume is Paypal. They all cost you, but at least Paypal does not cost you if you don't sell anything. I know some people have had trouble with it, but I have run hundreds of grand through them without losing a penny over several years now. If you get bigger and are savvy you can move up to a more comprehensive system later....Joe

I second the PayPal suggestion. I don't have a website yet, but I've been laying one out. I've looked at a place called 2checkout as well. If you're just selling products, and have a small volume, either option would probably work well. If you plan on billing customers for part runs or other things that are irregular prices, PayPal would probably be less cumbersome than 2checkout. PayPal is also the cheaper of the two options. PayPal charges 2-3% plus .30c per transaction. 2checkout charges 5.5% plus .45c per transaction. The plus for 2checkout is that costumers do not have to have an account. Once they have clicked on an item/s to buy, they are transferred to the 2checkout website, where they give their cc# and other information over a secure network. Twice a month 2checkout cuts you a check. If appearance is important, 2checkout might have a leg up because people generaly associate PayPal with smalltime venders. On the otherhand, some people prefer to give their cc# to one group they trust(PayPal) than to hand it out to every Harry, Tom, and Dick out there with a website. Every option has trade offs. These are the two I've considered and their pluses and minuses as I see them. It's some stuff for you to consider anyway.

Here is a link to 2checkout

http://www.2checkout.com/home.html

Gray

MivaMerchant

I am going to take a test drive of MiveMerchant 5. Is anyone using this package? It looks quite customizable with add-on packages from a variety of sources and appears to have been around a while.

I'm specifically looking for something which will integrate with Microsoft Accounting 2007.

Back