What's new
What's new

Grinding or planing 6' ram off of press brake.

MwTech Inc

Titanium
Looking for a shop close to Central VA that can either grind,mill or plane the punch face on a 78" long press brake.

The setup would be the ram with clamp bar attached. In between the ram and clamp bar will be a 1/2 bar so the clamp bar can be tightened.

The ram size is: 78" long, 16" at it's widest point, 2" thick.

There would be 2 edges approx .750 wide that need resurfaced

Ram will be totally clean.

Rear surface will have all paint removed and smoothed so it lays flat.

Looking for a cost figure on the work.

PM replies

Thanks

Andy

Andy,
A PM Member who lives not too far has a planer. I have never had the opportunity to visit his shop so I'm not sure of the size or condition. He is a retired so you might find him willing to do this for you. It would mean you would need to drive about 3 hours. Let me know if you can work it out with him. It would give me an excuse to drive to his shop. I owe him a couple of boxes of rivets.

His name is Irby Jones http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/member.php?u=77271

Walter A.

Looking for a shop close to Central VA that can either grind,mill or plane the punch face on a 78" long press brake.
A friend of mine owns a machine rebuilding business just north-east of Richmond.

He has a large precision surface grinder that could handle this in one pass, no problem.

I think that grinder will take work up to 8' long. His larger one will do 14' (maybe more).

Keith
Total Shop Services
Milford, VA

Easy shot for you. I-64 to Richmond, north on I-95 to King's Dominion, then about 5 miles east. He could give you better directions.

- Leigh

Back