What's new
What's new

tapered thread gage options

RJT

Titanium
We are quoting 4 different parts, just 2 of each. There are 6 different pipe threads, 3 NPT and 3 BSPP. I'm not sure about making tapered thread gages. We make straight ones all the time (unless it's more than a few of a kind and can afford purchased gages). Is it practical to make tapered thread gages? Measure over 3 wires at a certain distance from a known diameter??
I can buy plugs, but it gets pricey fast for just a few pieces, and I would need 3 sets. Any other options? I really don't want to borrow gages from my customer (he will check with plugs).

Holy cow. I can rent the ivory or platinum ear gage rings right down the street!!
That way I can strech, and replace with out having to buy each size. What a deal.
Having fun.

Heck, to minimize confusion, i would use his gages. I remember one time I did a job orbiting (2) 1/8" NPT threads in a hard die cast die. Customer furnished the Saturn electrodes. He also brought the fittings that they used. I wound up burning to fit my fittings, plus about 10 per side orbit, to make his fittings work.. There are some huge variations in pipe threads.

Back