What's new
What's new

Eastec 2012-2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm just trying to get some people's feedback on the changes taking place for the Eastec Trade Show this year. It sounds like 2012 will be held in Hartford, CT and be more of a conference type show. I know 2013 will be back up in Springfield but I am kind of bummed about what they are trying to do this year. Who knows, maybe it will be interesting and informative. What do all you New Englanders think?

Hi Everyone,

I'm just trying to get some people's feedback on the changes taking place for the Eastec Trade Show this year. It sounds like 2012 will be held in Hartford, CT and be more of a conference type show. I know 2013 will be back up in Springfield but I am kind of bummed about what they are trying to do this year. Who knows, maybe it will be interesting and informative. What do all you New Englanders think?

:skep::skep:

I went to the SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers) website and see NOTHING about an EASTEC 2012 event, anywhere.

OTOH, the EASTEC 2013 show is listed for the same location that's hosted it for a great many years, the Big E in West Springfield.

Was told by a local rep that SME has changed Eastec from the annual events to every other years, and in the off years a metrology show will take it's place.
Eastec will remain in the usual Eastern States Exposition center in Springfield, while the metrology show will be held in Hartford. Not sure where tough.

So I was told....

I didn't realize eastec was in CT this year, it has been in MA every year for a long time. Much easier drive going to Western MA than Hartford that's for sure! I usually get a bunch of info for eastec by now but I haven't got anything yet. Is it going to be as big as it was in the past? It seems to shrink more and more every year with this lovely economy.

I didn't realize eastec was in CT this year, it has been in MA every year for a long time. Much easier drive going to Western MA than Hartford that's for sure! I usually get a bunch of info for eastec by now but I haven't got anything yet. Is it going to be as big as it was in the past? It seems to shrink more and more every year with this lovely economy.

I don't thimk its the same type of show though. Someone said its more of a conference than a hands on lets look at machines & tooling show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say that I think MFG4 fell short of many people's expectations. The conferences were not as popular as I think they could/should have been. The attendance was terrible and many vendors wish they didn't rent space for booths. I feel that Eastec was much more beneficial for both the vendors and people walking the show.

Back