What's new
What's new

10 ee feed belt

Alsuchy

Aluminum
What has been done to replace the flat feed belt on the 10 ee?
Mine just fell apart.
Has any body tried a micro v "j" belt @ 34"x 10 rib. Or a automotive serpentine belt?
What's been done, or tried and failed. I really don't want to invent the wheel here, but also don't like the 141$ monarch wants.
Do all the ee machines have a crowned pulley on the spindle shaft. Mine does not, and I don't see how it would go on unless I'm missing something.
Al

What has been done to replace the flat feed belt on the 10 ee?
Mine just fell apart.
Has any body tried a micro v "j" belt @ 34"x 10 rib. Or a automotive serpentine belt?
What's been done, or tried and failed. I really don't want to invent the wheel here, but also don't like the 141$ monarch wants.
Do all the ee machines have a crowned pulley on the spindle shaft. Mine does not, and I don't see how it would go on unless I'm missing something.
Al
My round-dial came with a feed belt consisting of a toothed belt run inside out. It seems to work fine. A serpentine belt would probably be a better choice. I'm pretty sure that it's been done before...

If you're asking about a crowned pulley for the feed belt on the spindle, I don't believe that there is one. The belt runs directly on the spindle.

Cal

Belt

PolyVee should work fine, vees against ungooved metal OR inside out. SB'ers are using 'em both ways for main drive - examples in their forum. Power to traverse a 10EE at heavy DOC should be comparable to main spindle drive on a 9 or 10" SB or a bit less, so no problem.

SOME 10EE had a thin sleeve-like sheave on the spindle, others - my 1942 included - apparently never had.

Bill

Thanks guys,
I will look up a belt and get her going again. It was kinda disappointing when I going to shoe it off and the feed wouldn't go. I was real worried something broke inside, and was relieved to see a bad belt.
Thanks again
Al

This has come up before. You should check with Monarch and make sure they quoted the correct belt. In 2009 Scott@monarch quoted square dial flat belts at all of $25 and round dial versions for $36. Here is the thread;
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/monarch-lathes/serpertine-belt-10ee-173747/

Here are some pics of the thin sheave on the upper pulley (mine was installed backwards);
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/monarch-lathes/flat-belt-alignment-check-pulley-203976/

I bought the belt from Monarch about 3 years ago and it was in the area of $25.

Paul

i am running a serpentine and so far is fine.
My round-dial came with a feed belt consisting of a toothed belt run inside out. It seems to work fine. A serpentine belt would probably be a better choice. I'm pretty sure that it's been done before...

If you're asking about a crowned pulley for the feed belt on the spindle, I don't believe that there is one. The belt runs directly on the spindle.

Cal

Back