What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020/1030 Center Chuck (1020R-12-658)

On thing I am missing on my Rivett 1020F is the adapter for a center in the headstock.

I'm not sure I've seen one of these, but in the drawings it shows it as a Center Chuck. I've attached the headstock and headstock key table. #15 in this headstock diagram is the Center Chuck.

Does anyone have one of these that they could post a pic of?

Does the center fit in the 6R taper of the spindle nose, stepping down to a Morse 3? No info on the taper, but I suspect same as tailstock.

rivett-headstock.jpgrivett-headstock-key-table.jpg

Cheers,
Alan

Alan, It's like a collet but instead of being split and clamping down on the workpiece when the draw bar is tightened it is solid and is held into the spindle with the draw bar. The internal taper is 3 MT.
So if you have a draw bar you can use one.
I have an extra one that you can have. Greg.

Alan, It's like a collet but instead of being split and clamping down on the workpiece when the draw bar is tightened it is solid and is held into the spindle with the draw bar. The internal taper is 3 MT.
So if you have a draw bar you can use one.
I have an extra one that you can have. Greg.

Greg,

Yes, I have a draw bar. Would gladly take one, that is something I don't have and was using a 29/32" collet with a dead center in it, for measuring/calibrating yesterday. Amazingly, I was about .0005 between centers for runout over 9", but I want to make sure that the center is seated properly.

Will follow up in PM.

Cheers,
Alan

Back