What's new
What's new

Rollin White revolver

valkrider

Plastic
A customer brought me a brass frame revolver which appears to be in .22 short. It was built for Smith & Wesson by Rollin White Arms during the civil war era. At least that's what my internet research says.

It supposedly had a problem with the cylinder not locking in correctly and someone has dissembled it because of that and then gave it to me to put back together and repair.

It has several bent pins in the bag of parts of course. I'd really like to find a schematic before proceeding. Does anybody have one?

Thanks,
Mike

I probably can't get a pic posted till the weekend but that is the same gun in the link. It is an interesting firearm.

white revolver

I probably can't get a pic posted till the weekend but that is the same gun in the link. It is an interesting firearm.

The fascinating thing about your revolver is that it was seized and remarked as a proved infringement of the Rollin White patent,which he had assigned to S&W,but was himself required to fund all legal action against copyists.So he had to sue himself and surrender his own revolver as an infringement.Someone with access to the 1860s patent law cases might be able to find the actual case.Regards John.

Back