What's new
What's new

Smith and Wesson 645

valkrider

Plastic
A customer brought in a S & W 645 with some missing parts. To be exact the "Trigger Play Spring" and the rivet which attaches it are the missing parts.

I have a new "trigger play spring" on the way from Numrich but I've been unable to find the attaching rivet. Any ideas where I can find this rivet and how I install it once I do?

Thanks,
Mike

Your best bet is to go directly to S&W. They seem to have most parts for my 4506, but not all. If you bust out there, you will probably end up making a rivet.

A customer brought in a S & W 645 with some missing parts. To be exact the "Trigger Play Spring" and the rivet which attaches it are the missing parts.

I have a new "trigger play spring" on the way from Numrich but I've been unable to find the attaching rivet. Any ideas where I can find this rivet and how I install it once I do?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Rivets are usually part of "shop supplies". As it is nearly impossible to have a box of 100 of each size, you have to make what you have work. Sometimes "special" rivets are available (like the remington extractor rivets), but they have special shapes, whereas the standard old rivets you will have to stock or make (usually from a rivet you have on hand).

You can buy rivets from
Solid Rivets - Industrial Rivet - Rivet King - Celus Fasteners Mfg. Inc.
or MSC

Art

Back