What's new
What's new

Red lead alternative

Nseals5

Plastic
Hey everyone, ran into a little problem. I have finally used up all of my remaining red lead for scraping and I was just wondering what everyone is using in place of the good stuff because I can't find it any where. I have used the water based stuff and I feel like it just doesn't give a good reading. Any help would be great.

Hey everyone, ran into a little problem. I have finally used up all of my remaining red lead for scraping and I was just wondering what everyone is using in place of the good stuff because I can't find it any where. I have used the water based stuff and I feel like it just doesn't give a good reading. Any help would be great.

IS it red lead as in the red lead primer?

No it's a paste kinda like shoe polish. Honestly I don't even know what exactly is in it, the can I had was givin to me by a mentor/ teacher who has since left the business.

I find oil paint works extremely well for printing off granite, cast iron, and steel masters. Cheap and comes in lots of colors. I like red, as when it gets thin shows up better than blue.

Back