What's new
What's new

Jones and Lamson T-14

allloutmx

Titanium
I have the opportunity to purchase what I consider a real decent comparator. What is a fair deal for this particular model? What would I be looking at to retro fit with scales and a digital control for measuring circles arcs etc.?

This particular piece has 10x, 20x and 50x lenses and three screen templates. Seems to work mint.

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

Hi Allout,

I'm not an expert on retrofitting for DROs. But I do know a couple of things about J&Ls. DO NOT transport the comparator without completing the following:
-Dismantle the stage table. It rides on loose rolling element bearings and will be damaged in transport.
-Remove all lenses including the lenses in the carousel, the condenser lens from the lighthouse and the screen.
-Remove the mercury-arc bulb, if so equipped.

Every thing on a comparator is fragile and expensive as hell to replace. If it has a mercury-arc bulb consider upgrading to halogen or looking for one that has a halogen retrofit. Mercury-arc bulbs have been discontinued and retail if you can find them for @$500-$600.

The most common DRO for J&Ls that I've used are Quadra-Chek.

Edit: Oh forgot about pricing: If this thing is in excellent condition and has the halogen retrofit, I wouldn't pay more than $1750 for it here in Ohio.

Hope you find this info helpful.

Best Regards,
Bob

Back