What's new
What's new

OT: Walmart's Precision Division

aerodark

Titanium
The end is near! :eek:

{walmart links removed as it appears they're propagating malware - TRL}

Last edited by a moderator:
While appalling, the Chinese-sourced Starrett line is somewhat consistent with most of their offered products. But ETALON?

Consistent in that they all suck.
I have spent probably close to $1000.0 on Starrett and I wish I had spent it with Mitutoyo. Or saved myself $800.00 and just bought the no name imports

Walmart may as well start selling Chinese crap machinist tools too. Run out more American made tool companies too as they have with other American made products. When Sam Walton was alive I thought the company logo was "Made in America"? I suppose the "kids" forgot their Dads Made in America logo after he passed away. Have you been in a Walmart lately? I have as they built a Super Store in my town, Rainbow down the road closed. I went to the tools isle and looked at where the tools were made.... China for the most part or Mexico. sad...... I buy at Cub Foods and Menards and try to avoid Walmart as much as possible. The frozen fish for the most part is farm raised and from China or Vietnam...Fresh produce is poor compared to Cub.... I do buy my Medicine there though as they are cheaper then Walgreen's. Rich

Walmart may as well start selling Chinese crap tools too. Run out more American made tool companies too as they have with other American made products. When Sam Walton was alive I thought the company logo was "Made in America"? I suppose the "kids" forgot their Dads Made in America logo after he passed away. Have you been in a Walmart lately? I have as they built a Super Store in my town, Rainbow down the road closed. I went to the tools isle and looked at where the tools were made.... China for the most part or Mexico. sad...... I buy at Cub Foods and Menards and try to avoid Walmart as much as possible. The fish for the most part is made in China or Vietnam...Fresh produce is poor compared to Cub.... I do buy my Medicine there though as they are cheaper then Walgreen's. Rich

John Menard has his own factories in Taiwan and china, most of what he sells is from china. I hear he owns a few TV home shopping channels. He is worth about 10 billion or so. His kid races nascar, mostly because dad can afford to buy his ride.

My buddy works for Walmart online. They are under Walmart's roof, but different than the retail stores. They are located in Colma (land of the dead). They are the world's biggest blah blah blah. He tells me the SEO, stats but i don't listen. I just call him an online greeter.

I think what these are is ad throughs (my words). Someone else creates the ad. Walmart just lists it on their website. They don't stock anything. Sears does the same thing. The markups tend to be very high, but there is one born every minute. they must work.

They might as well put guns in the hands of children....Lets hope that the play store offers an App to run those tools for all those people of walmart.com.....No brain required. Love It!!!

Walmart may as well start selling Chinese crap machinist tools too. Run out more American made tool companies too as they have with other American made products. When Sam Walton was alive I thought the company logo was "Made in America"? I suppose the "kids" forgot their Dads Made in America logo after he passed away. Have you been in a Walmart lately? I have as they built a Super Store in my town, Rainbow down the road closed. I went to the tools isle and looked at where the tools were made.... China for the most part or Mexico. sad...... I buy at Cub Foods and Menards and try to avoid Walmart as much as possible. The frozen fish for the most part is farm raised and from China or Vietnam...Fresh produce is poor compared to Cub.... I do buy my Medicine there though as they are cheaper then Walgreen's. Rich

While I agree entirely with what you said.......a word of caution. I was surprised when having a glass of apple juice from a 1/2 gallon container I had purchased at Cub Foods that on the label it clearly stated that it was made from concentrate from CHINA.....I thought WTF???.....I now check the labels of food and have found there is more coming from China than I thought. I also assume that the labels that say something like "packaged for XYZ corp".....without a country listed means that they know...that if i knew whaere it came from I would choose a different product.

People can argue the reasoning behind not buying Chinese products.....but when it comes to food, they seemed to have no problem killing dogs with what they put in dog food......and to the government of China there is no difference between dogs and people other than maybe the condiments one should serve....

Amazon as well. And the pricing is very strange. I was looking for faces for a Garland #3 hammer, and these came up:

Garland 24003 Gar-Dur Plastic Replacement Hammer Face, Size-3 by Garland $16.75 Prime shipping
Garland Manufacturing Size 3 Gar-dur Plastic Hammer Face 1-3/4" Diameter (311-24003) $20.95+ $5.95 shipping
Garland Mfg Hammer Faces - size 3 gar-dur plastic hammer face 1-3/4''dia. by Garland $32.34 Free Shipping
Garland Mfg Hammer Faces - size 3 gar-dur plastic hammer face 1-3/4''dia. by Garland $32.43 + $12.17 shipping

Back